: 9/22 lower Rappahannock/Butlers Hole

WhiteStoneBridge
09-22-2007, 09:55 PM
I wasn't on the water today, but crossed the White Stone Bridge at 9:30 AM and 2:30 PM and the Butler's Hole area looked like a freaking parking lot. Somebody's got to report on how good the Spot bite was today. I have to live vicariously through you lucky folks that were out there. Looking forward to hearing all about what you were catching. With at least 40 boats, some of you had to be tidalfish regulars!!!

satterly
09-22-2007, 10:47 PM
there were alot of boats out on the spike when we went out this evening. must have been a good bite because some were still around when we came home around dark.

notfishingenough
09-22-2007, 11:43 PM
I went out mid-day and also saw quite a few folks at the spike. From the reports back at the dock this afternoon, it was ok for spot but not too hot. I went for a few quick Spanish and picked up one at 23 and a 15 in about an hour at the end of Windmill bar. They made a good dinner tonight. Pretty day, too.

CREELLIMIT
09-23-2007, 09:38 AM
I fished the spike yesterday. There was a few boats but the bite was slow.

glenallenstriper
09-23-2007, 03:45 PM
we were in the mix for a little while as well but it was slow. we fished about 10 different spots and they all seemed about the same. The water was just not moving and made for some hard fishing. From about 12 to 1:30 the fish seemed to turn on and we got about 40 nice fish. biggest was 1.1lbs. Fishbite and bloodworm combo seemed to work the best.

deltaville
09-23-2007, 09:53 PM
The kids put about 50 spots onto the pier in three hours this afternoon, mostly keepers. A good turnaround after a morning run to WMill that resulted in three blues and no sign of anything with yellow spots - the spanish are gone for good? Say what you will; they don't overstay their welcome.