Fishing Fly Fishing How to Fishing and Fishing Reports at Tidal Fish - Fishing Articles
  • Fishing Articles RSS Feed

by Published on 11-20-2003 01:26 PM

A Bald Eagle sits sentinel like, at the top of a dead tree. The sun shines down from a gap in the clouds, piercing deep into the clear water. A strong breeze ruffles the surface of the lake. bait size fish have sought sanctuary in a dense weed bed. Nothing moves, except the boat as I move slowly through the water, The only shade is from my long peaked cap, polarised sunglasses help my eyes to seek and search deep into the dazzling shimmering water.

I blink, then squint, can it be, or is it a shadow, I squint again. Yes there it is, I spot a fin movement, Then a tail moves slightly. My squinting blinking eyes move slowly up the length of a fish it must be forty five inches long. I gasp! My heart beats a little faster. Its a big one. perspiration rolls off my forehead, into my eyes stinging as it does so, despite the cold wind. My hands shake a little, I start to feel nervous.

My brain goes into over drive, yes I have one. Its like a computer as I work out the angle of the cast, the distance to target. I aerelise ten yards of line, I need another five. I pull this off the reel quickly all the time keeping my eyes on the big one. I’m the hunter, The hunted ...

Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 135136137

Link to Us   Subscription Information   Advertise   Privacy Policy   Resources   Contact Us   About Us

©2012 TidalFish.com. All Rights Reserved.