Fishing Fly Fishing How to Fishing and Fishing Reports at Tidal Fish - Fishing Knots and Rigging
  • Fishing Knots and Rigging RSS Feed

Article Preview

The Blood Knot is one of the best knots to use to join two stands of similar diameter monofilament. It is valuable to the gamut of anglers, but extremely valuable to the fly angler for joining different test lines to create tapered leaders. It is a relatively simple knot to tie with a little practice and... ...
    Published on 11-20-2006 11:02 AM

I learned the Palomar Knot about fifeteen years ago while night fishing. I was struggling to tie my normal knot and the friend I was fishing with stopped his fishing after about ten minutes of turning his head back and forth watching me while I tried to get a lure on my line and came to the back of the boat and said, “Watch this”. In about 15 seconds the knot was ...

by Published on 05-20-2005 01:47 PM

My fishing roots go back to freshwater bass fishing with my brother Spencer where we would fish the ponds on our farm and those of our neighbors. The artificial baits that we found produced the best results were always plastics, specifically jerk baits like Slug-gos, plastic lizards, purple Berkley Power Bait were ous plastic of choice, and also purple worms with a curly tail.

Through all the years I have rigged plastics every which way, but a few common techniques have worked consistently. When fishing shallow and pitching weed lines we liked to rig our plastic weightless and weed-less. The picture ...

by Published on 11-20-2004 12:31 PM

The Dropper Knot is a great easy and quick way to put a loop in your line or leader to allow you to attach another lure or hook to your exiting line. I use this knot for everything from bottom fishing, light tackle fishing to my fly fishing when I often fish two flies. This knot is very popular among bottom fishing anglers who fish for catfish, crappie, perch etc..and use multiple baits. In addition this knot can be used if you are bottom fishing and do not have a three way swivel handy, you can use this knot to attach your lead sinker. With all its applications and simple steps to tie, it’s good to have this knot in your arsenal.  

The four easy steps:

Step 1: Make a loop in your line where you want to position your loop

Step 2: Pinch the line with your fingers where the two lines cross and wrap the circle/loop around the two pinched lines approximately five times.

Step 3: Now take the loop and put it though the space where the two lines where pinched.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Link to Us   Subscription Information   Advertise   Privacy Policy   Resources   Contact Us   About Us

©2012 TidalFish.com. All Rights Reserved.