Tidal Fish Forum banner

Nottoway report 3/30

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Percidae_Papermouth 
#1 ·
Nottoway is full of cat fish.doh Left Ron's yesterday at 8:30 and we were bottom fishing for white perch by 9.:fishing2: Had thrown out my first line and before I could get my second rig in the water I had one on.:yes: Don't know the difference between a channel or a blue but the sucker was in the 6 to 7 lb range.:fishing2: In all we caught about 15 cats with not a white perch.:eek2: Fished until 2 so we spent 5 hours fishing.:wacko: Worked our way down the Nottoway and up the Blackwater a ways where I caught another 6 to 7 lb cat.noidea We began throwing a beatle spin and working our way from the Union Camp spill way back down to the mouth of the Nottoway with only a small bream now and then; no perch.:52: Did have what looked like a school of herring past by but no takers.crazyloco :argue: Talked to some other fisherman and they all said they were catching nothing but cats also.:gossip: One fellow said he got into the white perch the end of Feburary but haven't caught them since.:decision55: PP let me know if you hear when the rock are here.doh It is still MARCH.:eek2:doh Forgot to mention water surface temp in both rivers was 64.doh

Acey

#3 ·
No Dusty I nor Ron eat them.:decision55: Ron told me he read somewhere that the cat fish in the Nottoway and Blackwater are heavy with mercury.:yes: Do think the ones in the river in numbers right now might be up from the sound but since non can speak english they can't tell me if they are local or not.:thumbup::hysterical::hysterical: Ron said those in the river all year round have so much mercury they recommend only eating them once a month.:yes:

Acey

#4 ·
NICE JOB BUDDY ... All we did was flip darts w/ no takers.... Hell I target catfish 75% of the time ....

BTW there is a fish advisory on EVERY river in Virginia :::

let me go find it in my old stack of pics on PH ...

#6 ·
G:thumbup:eek:od job on the fishin acc.I was planning a float trip for today:boat:. i was gonna starte at peoples bridge float down about 4or 5 miles. I looked at the river last night,it was high and muddy , i think, i'll chill:chill: a few more days before i try:fishing2:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.