Incredible Striper Cakes
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Incredible Striper Cakes

These are incredible! Taste better than crab cakes! I modified this recipe from a local resturant's award winning crab cake recipe. My family has been enjoying it for over twenty years. Its great with any local catch. Measurements are approximate. I just estimate and ajust oil, crackers and seasoning to taste. Double or triple recipe as desired.

1# fresh or frozen fish (I use striper mainly but sea bass, tile, flounder and tog in any combination will taste great too)
    1 egg
    tablespoon of Old Bay or eqivalent
    1 sleeve of Ritz crackers
    4 tablespoons olive oil

Poach (Boil) the fish, drain and break up into lumps. Let cool.
    In a separate bowl mix egg, oil and Old Bay.
    Crush crackers by pushing two ends of sleeve towards each other, carful not to make a mess! Sleeve will open slightly to vent the air and the crackers turn to crumbs instantaneously if you do it right.
    Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
    Make cakes or small balls and then either broil or fry. If you pan or deep fry, dip in egg wash and then flour or panko crumb. If you broil, drizzle a little more olive oil or melted butter.

Enjoy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber Lite - I support Tidal Fish!

Wow that sounds incredable Im going to try that tonight !!!! Thanks Mike

I just had my first one and you are the man they are incredible!!!! I mean the best I have ever had !!! Hats off boss !! Great Recipe Thanks

Mike B

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I just just made these the other night and man they were incredible. Mike, how did you cook yours? I deep fried mine and they were awesome. I might try to be a little healthier next and broil them . Thanks for the recipe yardbird.

I broiled them !!! Excellent of course I did the melted butter on top before putting them in broiler!!!

Thanks Mike. I will definitely give that a try next time. I will make some garlic butter dipping sauce to go with it . I pulled out some leftovers from the frig the other night. The were still awesome cold with a nice cold one

i just boiled tog for the first time, i almost hurt to drop that beautiful fish in boiling water but i did it. from the other responses im sure itll turn out fine- gonna try the broiled in cast iron skillet route (wife moans about frying). will post results. thanks for recipe either way.

that was great, i doubled the recipe or more and did some eyeballing. i put a bit too much cracker but it was still darned good. next time will be even better, thanks again.

I will give a big thumbs up to those panko crumbs. I haven't tried the fish cakes yet but I used the panko on some shrimp last week and I'll never go back to regular bread crumbs. I can't wait until 4/21 to get some fresh fish!

Great recipe! Tried it a few weeks ago with seabass and was very impressed. Try it with some diced sweet red pepper mixed in! Also good with a sour cream / dijon mustard sauce (made to personal taste)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast