Tidal Fish Forum banner

Lookin' for crabs!

901 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jime 
#1 ·
We did very well 2 yrs ago in the Magothy but haven't had much luck since. Looking for a great crab spot so the kids don't get bored. I was told south of Annapolis. Any suggestions.:helpsmilie:

#2 ·
since I moved from there 15 yrs ago I'll give up my old spot where all my kids had a blast. In the Magothy Ri as your heading into Gibson Island cove theres a point right across from the community of Long Pt.. There's a steep drop off there and plenty of crab movement when the water is warm.Stay on the river side and out of the channel.

Good Luck!

#3 ·
crabs

crabon when i lived on the west side the severn was real good. it is still real good i have alot of friends that crab there and the size were a lot bigger last year. your kids should have a great time. on the weekends try to get there early because once the weekend warriors come out its a mad house in there especially from their wakes making it a little bouncy good luck hope this helps

#5 ·
It's easy. Watch the reports. Trend has been - Pax early June, then the concentration increases up north. Eastern Bay, Miles, Severn, ....... It's fun to try everywhere, but it pays to watch the reports of Polecat or RJ. They to the research for us and are honest. Good luck, Jim E.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.