Help on fishing the 7 mile bridge?

Default Help on fishing the 7 mile bridge?

I'll be down for the holiday and was hoping to get some guidance on fishing the 7 mile bridge. We do pretty well out in the gulf and at the reef but have never really had success at the bridge. Any suggestions? What to look for? What to fish for?

Thanks,

MC

Quote Originally Posted by yak-fisher View Post
    I'll be down for the holiday and was hoping to get some guidance on fishing the 7 mile bridge. We do pretty well out in the gulf and at the reef but have never really had success at the bridge. Any suggestions? What to look for? What to fish for?

Thanks,

MC

Yak-fisher, I have anchored just of the main channel between the old and new span and have caught a variety of fish from YT Snapper to shark. We used cut ballyhoo and shrimp. Good luck, have fun and wish I were there!

Default 7 mi Bridge

Was down in early April & rented a boat. Can't remember the MM#, but @ 2 miles in going south there is an unmarked channel with deeper water. Look for big black "X's" spray painted. As many YT, small grouper, bermuda chub, etc. Nice place to fish when the winds are up and can't get offshore. Take 6-8 doz live shrimp and in live well and blocks of chum. Non-stop fish coming over the gunnel for the kids with an occasional larger fish to keep me interested.
    Tom

they pretty much nailed it just be careful if you are in a yak...the 7 mile is a holding area for big Bull Sharks especially when the tarpon are around