Wife and I rode thru there yesterday. Spent a couple hrs with Will Cohill in the office and riding around a little. First time there. Seems like a pretty good setup. I have read here in the past that a few tf'ers have bought/built there.
For those that don't know, it is a planned wf community near Chincoteague, Va. 4800 homesites, some wf, some canals, golf course, docking, pools, restaurant, etc, etc.
Anyway, our interest, if any, would be a wf lot to build a permanent home or a lot as an investment. inland lots seem to start around $50K, wf maybe $150K(prob not many left). I have never fished the area, but could get interested I guess, now that I am retired. Also, a lot closer to cbbt.
Few questions for those that might be familiar.
1. is it gonna be the next 'ocean pines'? (I know we can't predict the future)
2. any of you living there permanently?
3. anyone buy anything there?
4. what are your plans??? build, investment, fishin base?
5. How is that area?? good place to live? fishin?
6. Is va better than md for retirees, lookin at the whole picture.
7. I live on the bay and have experienced 2 storms in the last 4 yrs. If lived at CC, I know it is on chinco bay. Does CC get hit by the bad winds, ne'ers??
8 Anything else that you can offer would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
Ron (One Fish)
Shady Side, Md
WF Home for sale on Chesapeake Bay just below West Rv.