Fishing ON the CBBT?
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Fishing ON the CBBT?

Anyone ever try fishing from the CBBT? I recall seeing fishing piers on the first or second islands, so does it work? The reason I ask is that I'm going on a hunting trip to Chincoteague, and while I'm near the CBBT, I might as well fish it. Boat is way too small (16 foot jon) for those waters, so fishing from the bridge would be my only option. Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Can't tell ya' its any good.But last year it was blowin hard one day,so we took a trip to the Tourist trap to eat lunch.Saw a handfull of people Fishing there,don't really know if they were catchin' though.Whatever you do,if ya' go there ,stop in the Restaurant and order the Flounder Sandwich!!Awesome!!

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I have fished it with varying results. I have only fished it in july but caught alot spot and croaker. Seen good size flounder and stripers caught there. There is no charge to fish so its worth giving it a try. And the flounder sandwiches in the restaurant are AWESOME....

John

PS you could take your jon boat just out side the bridge at lynnhaven and try for specs. On a calm day you could even get out to the first small boat channel at the CBBT.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

On a calm night, shouldn't be a problem to fish the Small Boat Channel. You can also fish the HRBT with the jonboat- launch from the municipal ramp at Willoughby. Plenty of schoolies, along with a few trout here and there.
    Last edited by Shagster; 11-25-2007 at 01:02 AM. Reason: last part of post skipped to line above

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

what about putting in @ kiptopeake in your jon and working the concrete ships?

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber racn35's Avatar

yesterday was the 24 hour rock around the clock striper tourney out there

the virginia state record sheepshead came from that pier

when i used to drive back and forth across there i fished it all the time, i have caught every species in the bay off that pier

i know people now that fish it on a reguakr basis still and they do pretty good too

once you pay the toll to get on the CBBT the pier of FREE to fish too by the way

Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel --Rock Around the Clock Pier Fishing Tournament