Maryland citation program?

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Maryland citation program?

Hey guys,
    I have never even thought about checking in or doing whatever you do with a citation sized fish.

I can go on the web site and figure out how big the fish have to be but found very little additional information on them other then that. How do I check them in? Do I have to keep the fish and kill it? Is a picture good enough? Are release citation sizes different in MD than keep citation sizes, like they are in VA?

My new years fishing resolution is to "check in" (I probably want to release most of them if possible) every citation size fish I catch and call in the info about each tagged fish as well. I guess it's a way of keeping me honest.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

It's a great program - I got one for my son and framed it along with an 8X10 for Christmas. It congratulates him for C&R on a big fish.

All you have to do is send in the form with a picture and other minor info like the length, date etc.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks Chris. He probably wanted a Wii that sounds like a great present to me. I guess all the information is on the DNR web site.

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I used to check in one over 40" Striper every year to get my patch for the year. Since they stopped giving patched two yerars ago I‘ve only checked two fish that where both new personal bests.

Not sure if Maryland requires a witness for release citations. North Carolina does.

Smile Citation Program MCBA

--The Maryland season is closed ,But for info for those that fish Maryland Charters --The MCBA has Impressive Citations , for both Keep & Release --- Also Award Plaques, & representive Mc Gintty Fiberglass mounts for the largest fish in overall State Winner Catigories ---

---Rock -Blues-Trout-Croakers-Perch-Spanish Mackerel & Black Drum ---The angler gets a Plaque As well as the Captain --These Awards are Presented at a Yearly MCBA Banquet ---geo.