T-Top issue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-Top issue

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default T-Top issue

Yesterday I had 4 screws that mount one of the t-top legs to the deck pull through and the holes are now stripped out. I'm thinking my only option is to put bigger screws in but does anyone have any other suggestions on how to fix this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

I've got that boat and dont like that they are screwed down one bit. Which corner is it? If it's the back you can get to it from an access whole from the console maybe, I will check for you. It my be resting on a stringer. The front I have no idea.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

5200 on the screws or toggle bolts.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

It is the front right post. I agree they should have secured them much better.

You need to though bolt the t top legs with backer plates. You may need to install acesses to get under the deck. Most of the time your best bet is to go in from inside the console.

Good luck,
    Fishduck

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

All I can say is, you better keep my boat in good shape The 5200 would be a good thing to do that stuff is STRONG.

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Years ago, I had a similar issue with a 17' Scout center console. On one of my first trips, I pounded through 3-footers for several hours to get home. At the end of the day, about a third of the screws holding the console to the floor had backed out and were stripped.

My first reaction was to get longer screws to fasten it in deeper. I got some good advice then that I will pass on. Before increasing the length of screws that you put into the deck floor, make sure you know what is underneath -- particularly where the fuel tank is located. You certainly don't want to magnify your problems by puncturing the fuel tank.

I ended up getting screws in the next largest diameter and using some 3M 4200 sealant in the screw holes. Don't use 3M 5200 (it is a permanent bond, while the 4200 is a semi-permanent bond).

I would call Sea Pro!!! Thats BS, they advertise all hardware as being through bolted and back plated, if they screwed down your T-top with out back plating it all four corners will eventually fail! 5200 or bigger screws is only going to be a temporary fix.

I too second calling sea pro. I have the same boat and just checked mine through the access panel in the console. I do have a backing plate.

Shawn f

Default Try Rivnuts

These things are the best and will not pull out. The only bad thing is you will have to buy the instalation tool which is about 50 bucks. But 5200 aint cheep these day's as well. This would be perfect if you can't get to the back side. You can get these from cardinal componets 1-800-236-3200 in anysize. Tell them your apliacation & they will do you right. We use these in the floor of marine shelters that you can't thrubolt. Shock mounts bolt to them then a false floor. There then mounted to a Hum V so it will take tha abuse . Good luck

Attachment 7332
    Last edited by jason norris; 04-26-2008 at 02:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast