Best Place to Catch Big Croaker
VA Northern Neck Forum Sponsors
    Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Best Place to Catch Big Croaker

What is the best place to look for big croaker this weekend (Deltaville area). Not concerned with quantity as much as size. With all of the rain have the fish moved down river? My boat is small and I can't make the run to the Cell unless it is a very calm day. I was going to try outside of Windmill bar or the spike but any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Do you want "really tasty" or "hard fighting" big ones?

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Just looking for the really big ones this time. Hoping to take home a first place in a croaker turney. I seem to have a hard time one of those monster croaker around 3 or 4lbs.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

If you split the pot I will send some gps numbers ;)

Hard bottom

Fair winds should dictate a trip to the eastern bay, let's say from the Range Light to b42. Some big "king billies" are around that haunt, so I hear.....

RappRiver speaking...from Towles point (#6) and directly across the river from there you should find success; not sure about the size you speak of, but hey that's fishing.

The area around 2R buoy (mouth of Rapp) might produce; just haven't been out there to try - but I sure will this weekend.

we fished between north end plantation and 7r on the rapp. this past weekend and picked up some croaker but the bigest was only 1 1/2 pounds. thats pretty nice in my book but i guess not tourney size. 3 or 4 pounds are hogs.

Biggest I've ever caught were in sight of the Tappahannock bridge on squid in May. 2nd Place goes to the cell area while drifting for Mr. Flounder.

just sw of windmill point light on the drop off from 12 to 30 feet have done well for me over the years severl citation croakers but i think it may be a little early for there yet. i have not tried it yet this season. right off of 59 at the shipping channel is good too but you will have to compete with the dog sharks.

Fished rapp today around bouy 10 caught a few nice fish then moved up river to 12 and caught a better class of fish