where to find bull lips
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default where to find bull lips

And dont say " on a bull"

Looking for bull lips in the Baltimore area.

Also, if I store them in a closed bucket, in a brine, how long can I keep them?

Thanks...Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber dwkoller's Avatar

Jeff:

There's a butcher shop in Catonsville, JW Trueth & sons that carries them.
    Address: 328 Oella Ave, Baltimore, MD 21228
    Phone: (410) 465-4650

I just put my line in a 5 gallon bucket and stick it in the freezer. It's a lot less hassle that salting them down. Just pull the bucket out of the freezer the night before. I also find it easier to cut the lips while the're still frozen.

Good luck.
    Dan aka 'pour-me'
    Four Winns Quest 217
    Havre de Grace, Md

Are bull lips very expensive

Quote Originally Posted by dwkoller View Post
    Jeff:

There's a butcher shop in Catonsville, JW Trueth & sons that carries them.
    Address: 328 Oella Ave, Baltimore, MD 21228
    Phone: (410) 465-4650

I just put my line in a 5 gallon bucket and stick it in the freezer. It's a lot less hassle that salting them down. Just pull the bucket out of the freezer the night before. I also find it easier to cut the lips while the're still frozen.

Good luck.
    I've thought of giving these a try. How's your success rate with them compared to necks? And did you find that they had to get "beat up" a little bit before they started catching anything? I've tried eel before and it took a while for the crabs to feed on it. Just wondering if it's the same way with bull lips.

Thanks for the addy DK, I'll give them a call today.

Swamp, my father in law used them, he had good luck with them down on the little choptank. Not sure if they had a " breakin period". I know they lasted a good while so I figured I'd give them a try

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default bull lips

you can get bull lips at Warren Bait Box....B & A blvd...glen burnie

Warrens is out, Trueth's has them, 20Ilbs for $25

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I tried them a few years back and they do work pretty well...I got mine at Trueths....problem is, they come whole and have to be cut up....They last longer that necks, but they cost 3 times as much...I go to Richardson's on Ebeneezer road..Necks 40 pounds for $17, and most of the necks are big enough to make at least 2 baits each...I get 3 out of some...

And if you are really lucky you will get a chicken head still attached to one or 2...

Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish gchambers's Avatar

I've been using them for many years. I buy them at BK MILLERS in Clinton. $23 for 20#. I can bait mt 1200ft. line 3 times w/ 20#, prob. more if you cut smaller pieces. Good thing about them is they're too tough for the crabs to chew off, and you can use them at least 3 times without rebaiting. I keep the baited line in a 5 gal. bucket in the freezer. Take em out the night before and fill the bucket w/ water, ready to go in the am. George
    2010 16 KEY LARGO CC W/YAMAHA f50

Quote Originally Posted by gchambers View Post
    I've been using them for many years. I buy them at BK MILLERS in Clinton. $23 for 20#. I can bait mt 1200ft. line 3 times w/ 20#, prob. more if you cut smaller pieces. Good thing about them is they're too tough for the crabs to chew off, and you can use them at least 3 times without rebaiting. I keep the baited line in a 5 gal. bucket in the freezer. Take em out the night before and fill the bucket w/ water, ready to go in the am. George

Thats what I like about them, they may cost alittle more, but I can get a couple trips out of them. Going to pick some up tomorrow and head out on Sun.
    I plan on hitting the Patapsco, I post a report.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast