Tidal Fish Forum banner

Mix bacon in the grind for Bacon Venison Burgers.

43K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Ricky 
#1 ·
I normally mix pork or beef fat into my deer burger but after a trip out west having bacon ground into the beef for bacon cheese burgers I gave it a try with venison. Awesome!

The first batch was 9lbs of deer and 1lb of regular grocery store bacon. It turned out ok.

The next batch was 9lbs of deer 2.5lbs of hardwood smoked bacon ends. The bulk stuff lots of fat and flavor. This rocks! I pattied up 33 of the finest burger that ever crossed my grill. They are all gone now and I’ve run out of roasts to thaw and grind. I can’t wait until that first doe pass under the treestand.

Why didn’t I think of this before! I would have posted this before but I was to busy stuffing my face.
Walt

#5 ·
been doing it for years. by far the best way to eat it. thing is, people who come over to cookouts who dont eat "deer meat" eat these things and love em. i never tell them any different. hope no one has food allergy to venison!
i gotta get me a few quick kills with the bow so i can restock my supply.
fishrxdr

#8 ·
I have mixed bacon in my venison for years. I go to the Mt. Airy meat locker and buy the end cuts of bacon in bulk. This is the left over end pieces that are sold for seasoning. I grind the bacon 10 to 1 with the deer meat. If you want more bacon flavor go 10 to 2. Gary

#9 ·
My father and I mix bacon in as well. We were getting the end cuts and grinding them in. Walmart was the place we were getting them from (believe it or not), but we have to get in touch with the meat department manager and order them. We love the outcome and use it everytime we're making burger.

EDIT - I can't remember the ratio in which we mix it, but I want to say it's 3lbs of bacon to 10lbs of deer. I could be wrong though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.