Where to buy really good live crabs in Perryhall / Fallston, MD ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Where to buy really good live crabs in Perryhall / Fallston, MD ?

I know the guys on this forum catch there own, but when you don't, where are the best places to go for live crabs...big...heavy and local ? I live in Kingsville, which is near Perry Hall, Fallston, Belair , MD area.

I have been all over from road side stands, pickups, to seafood shops, etc. Had decent luck at Bill's Seafood in Perry Hall, and The Seafood Stop in Fallston, but I am looking for a place where they have a little more control over what they sell, rather than just having to have crabs for the masses. I haven't had any really great crabs this season...you know the ones busting with mustard, full of fat in the corners and really dark bottoms.

Any suggestions ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Bill's Terrace Inn on Eastern Ave. in good ol' Essex, hon.

Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish Capt.Nick's Avatar

[QUOTE=Windsors;1421333]I know the guys on this forum catch there own, but when you don't, where are the best places to go for live crabs...big...heavy and local ? I live in Kingsville, which is near Perry Hall, Fallston, Belair , MD area.

I haven't had any really great crabs this season...you know the ones busting with mustard, full of fat in the corners and really dark bottoms.

Yeah..me neither.I like the ones that are so full..when you open them...the mustard squirts in your eye and you have to wear glasses just to eat em.Now those are really good crabs.:
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

You do know there is a consumption warning on that "mustard".... right?

Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish crabby and son's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSLUG View Post
    Hogwash......I have been eating mustard since I was old enough to eat crabs and 50 years later..........I'm still digging the mustard. My 8 year old son loves it too..eat it up..it's the best part of the crabgood mustard...good crab..............Gary

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Try Cove Side Crabs they catch what they sell and only sell good crabs 410-477-4709

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

A second for Coveside Crabs they only sell quality crabs

Quote Originally Posted by CSLUG View Post
    There are no "Warnings" .
    however the MDE does publish guidelines for fish & shellfish consumption for the state of MD
    the guidelines may vary depending on where the fish or shellfish are caught.

read all about it here.

http://www.mde.state.md.us/assets/do...Meals_Per_Year

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Bills seafood on belair rd right past joppa, not sure if local crabs, also crab stop in fallston right before state police barracks

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Definitely Bill's Seafood on Belair Rd....he's been in the same location for over 30- yrs......Hon !

Seafood Stop, and Don's have their prices to the maximum for what the trafic will bear. Rarely will you get heavy yellow mustard crabs consistently, until later in the season, after they've finished sluffing for the year.
    There is a newer place on Md. Rte. 22, across from the Community College, BUT that is owned, and operated by the same owner as the Seafood Stop, this guy did much better job of quality and price, when he sold out of the back of the old truck.
    The guys with trucks on Rte, 40-East are rip off artists, and so are the stores that sell you a box of crabs (6-dozen to the bushel )
    You're almost always better off buying buy the dozen

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber Bottom Knocker's Avatar

Seafood stop!

Also try the crunchy grouper sammich
    "You're gonna need a bigger boat"-Police Chief Brody..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast