croaker and flounder out of Lewes Delaware
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default croaker and flounder out of Lewes Delaware

Well started off Friday with some croaker fishing close to home and managed to keep around 48 in the 12-14 inch range and left 150+ fish go for another day and also kept 3 flounder.

Saturday went back to the same spot and the fish just did not want to bite like the day before so went 3 more miles up the bay and found all sizes of croakers from 8-14 inches and again were selective on the 12-14 inch fish.
    Ended the day with 40ish croaker and again release over 150+ croakers and kept 4 flounder out of 12.

Now Sunday we were strictly flounder fishing and wow what a mixed day. Started off with some nice flounder and then anchored threw the running of the tide and caught flounder, seabass, oyster crackers and trigger fish. We ended the day with 8 keeper flounder oput of 32 caught and kept 2 trigger fish for the tasting.

I would love to have the weather we had this past weekend the rest of the summer, especially if the fish keep biting like they did for us.

Capt Ryan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miss rilee 8-9-09 001.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	21841   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miss rilee 8-9-09 003.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	21842   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miss rilee 8-9-09 004.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	21843  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miss rilee 8-9-09 006.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	21844   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miss rilee 8-9-09 009.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	21845   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miss rilee 8-9-09 010.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	21846  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miss rilee 8-9-09 013.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	21847  
    Last edited by Brandon; 08-14-2009 at 08:47 AM. Reason: no commerical links allowed with out a commerical subscription

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Tidal Fish SUPER Commercial Subscriber - My business supports Tidal Fish

Looks like fun. I been wanting to get up to del bay for the croaker and flounder run but wouldnt know where to start besides the reefs. Glad you got into them

Go with what you just said pick a reef and work the piles and the flounder should be there, if the croaker do not tear your baits up first
    Ryan
    Need any more info contact me

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

FYI.... some of the best striper fishing can be done under that cleaning table.... im sure some know what im talking about

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Except what do you do, take a little john boat under the dock at low tide and drop straight down for the rockfish? They aren't going to let you fish from the dock.

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

nah, just bring some fresh cut up finger mullet an throw it anywhere between theyre dock an the old train bridge down stream. youll have a blast

I have not seen the striped ones under the table for a while now. I am sure they are hiding in the deeper cooler water. I am sure they will make there appearance under the table soon enough. Yea there are days that I would love to throw a line in right there at the table.

Great report. How do you cook the croaks?

I take it you're thinking what I'm thinking....

well it depends on how you like your fish.
    I do most of my fish in butter and then some old bay on top and right before I take them out of the pan I put just a touch of parmetion cheese.
    The other way is on the grill. I soak them in italian dressing for about an hour or longer if I got the time, then on a fish plate cook on each side maybe 2-3 minutes or just a little longer but you dont want to dry them out.
    These are the ways I do most of my fish.
    You can also bread them but I only really bread flounder or stuff them with crab.

Hopefully after all this mess goes by and the tides cooperate we can start trying to catch some of the bigger ones that showed up before the last front.
    Ryan

BY the way trying to fill some spots next sunday and still have Friday and MOnday open.
    If interested contact me
    Ryan