Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders Meeting in Arlington Thursday, April 1
The country's newest FFF chapter will be holding another meeting this Thursday at Arlington Central Library in Ballston, just a very short walk from the metro. I copied the following message from Dan Davala, President and Founder.
Topics will include the following:
- The first year in review
- Charter Club Status with the FFF
- Introduction of the officers
- Plans for the coming year (website, "flotilla", meetings, e-newsletter)
- Opportunities to serve at the Virginia Fly Fishing Festival (April 17-18)
- Opportunities to serve at the Jim Range National Casting Call (April 22-24)
- Upcoming Free Spey and Shad Fishing Clinics
- Meeting alternatives (Dalton's "Beer Tie" idea, on the water events, happy hours, etc.)
- Long term plans to create and host a large scale "Spey Clave" here on the Tidal Potomac in the Spring of 2011
- Open Forum for all members to present ideas
As promised at the last meeting, I will raffle off an Orvis Shooting Star 13'6" 8 weight two-handed rod (valued at $435). All you have to do to qualify is attend the meeting, and have a current FFF membership. All names of those in attendance will be dropped in a stripping basket, and whoever's name is drawn must present their valid FFF member number to claim the rod. That's it. If you have not yet joined the FFF, do it now!
Please type "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" in the company field when you fill out the membership form.
I am so grateful to all of you for making this club what it has become, and I am super excited about the year ahead. I look forward to seeing you ALL at the meeting. The auditorium has 180 seats. Let's fill them up!
Hope to see some of you there.
For more information on the club and future meetings/events, check out http://www.tpfr.org.
Last edited by dalton; 07-19-2010 at 11:50 AM.
I apparently forgot to post the time of this meeting, it will run from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM and anyone is welcome to attend.