Fishing Report Chowan River
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chowan River

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Chowan River

Fished Friday trying to catch some catfish. Managed one little one. No big ones. Saw a few perch caught up near gatlington but they were few and far between according to the folks I talked to. Anyone hear any different?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Heard of them catching right many on the other side of Dowry Island.

My cousin and a friend caught 152 White Perch on Saturday in the Chowan River. I don't know where they were fishing, but he said they were 'thick'.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

We fished from the bridge up to Dowry Island today and couldn't buy a bite! I talked to a friend at the ramp and he caught about 60 but he was way past Dowry Island. It was still a good day on the water with the family. And by the way, the Chowan has some deep water!

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

How far past Dowry Island? We caught them pretty good the next bend up on Sunday, but kept thinking maybe we should've kept riding.

He said about 15 min. Past the island. I would say he was in Va. being that far past, what do you think? This was my first time that far up the Chowan so I'm not sure how far the Va. line is, I talked to him Monday morning and the final count was 89 all on bottom rigs and fishbites none on beetlespins. Whats all the fish in the deep holes that don't bite, herring?

if he wasn't, he was pretty dern close. yeah, they're probably deeper (big numbers) right now. but, there are some to be caught with beetle spins.

herring for white perch? never tried that. always use shrimp, red worms or have tried fish bites, with not a whole lot of luck. shrimp's always my go to bait for targeting perch.

i'm going again in the morning, not all the way to virginia though.

No No No I 'm not trying to catch perch with herring, I was wondering what all the fish were that I was marking in the deep holes. They wouldn't bite anything so I figured they were herring, yes shrimp is what we were using with bottom rigs and we tried beetle spins with a little bit of weight too get it down deeper. Good luck tomorrow

Pretty good day last Sunday on the Meherrin with beetle spins. Saw some folks bottom fishing, but did not see anyone catch any that way.

A buddy of mine told me yesterday he had talked to someone he knew who was fishing and had two coolers full already. Think he was up the meherrin too. How far up the meherrin you fishing and are the fish you're catching deep or up in shallower water. I ain't much on bottom fishing for perch, would rather cast to em myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast