Need some Help Directions for James River Croaker fishing
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Directions for James River Croaker fishing

Getting in over the weekend and heard the big ones are in the James river. Been invited to go many times and never got a chance so don't have a clue how to get to the best landing to put the boat out.
    Thought about trying it next Monday.
    From VA Beach someone thats good on directions help me out of you can.
    If there is a physical address to the boat ramp, that would be fantastic.
    Thanks.

South Paw is online now Tidal Fish SUPER Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish!

Click on driving directions. Dah croaker are here!

http://www.virginia.org/site/descrip...p?AttrID=23031

Buy your bait and hooks at

http://www.wilcoxoutdoorsports.com/

Good Fishin

Huntington park (mentioned above) seems to be the preffered launch point. Getting there is real easy. From Va Beach get on I-64 and cross the HRBT until you see Mercury Blvd. Go West bound on Mercury towards the James River Bridge (JRB). Follow Mercury and before you get to the JRB you will see huntington park on the right. If you get on the JRB you have gone to far.
    Last edited by Special D; 04-14-2010 at 10:28 AM.

You the man. Any of those hot spots out there near the landing you want to give up on national Internet. LOL
    I have Va salt water license but CP still has to get hers. The Fountain has the sticker but not the 21 Hyrda Sports.
    does you bait place sell fishing license. If not we can stop by oceans east on the way up. .

thanks special D..

No problem

You know you can order your license online. You can print them instantly and the nice part is that you you have an electronic copy in case you lose or ruin your paper copy. Here is the link:
    http://www.mrc.state.va.us/recreational.shtm

I don't target craoker so I cannot help you out with any good locations. Good luck!

Thanks again Special D
    just got off the phone with the bait and tackle place south paw posted. They sell them and open at 6 am so we can pick them up there and the bait.
    Have to try it some time. Nothing beats a day on the water catching anything.

Big croaker are around the Surry Power Plant/hog island area, usually the mouth of those creeks around hog island hold good numbers of large croaker.

good deal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Special D View Post
    Huntington park (mentioned above) seems to be the preffered launch point. Getting there is real easy. From Va Beach get on I-64 and cross the HRBT until you see Mercury Blvd. Go east bound on Mercury towards the James River Bridge (JRB). Follow Mercury and before you get to the JRB you will see huntington park on the right. If you get on the JRB you have gone to far.
    Special D,
    Wouldn't that be Mercury WEST bound??
    budc

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast