Tidal Fish Forum banner

Gutless frog

Need some Help 
6K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  CaptMikeStarrett 
#1 ·
I need about a dozen built. Since I do not tie iI will need them built my way.

My design will need a 4/0 Gammi wide gap red hook and a wire run thru the foam to allow forming of the body. Forming is a fancy word for bending. The wire will help with the snakeheads that destroy my Waldorf Hair bugs.

Any body interested?

Capt Mike

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes I did but he gave me two that will not work. No legs and wrong hook. We PMed back and forth and he got my mailing address. Tiefest was awhile ago and the fish are really keyed into frogs right now.
My Waldorf hair bugs work good but I really want to try this design.

In three weeks the frogs may be over. They are krazy thick right now.. two weeks early I might add.

Capt Mike

#8 ·
Very innovative. I like the hook riding up. But I wonder about the gap between the foam in the body area. Seems like the proifile woul not look quite right from a bass's perspective looking up. I wonder if there is a way to add some kind of filler without too much trouble and without impeding the hook.

Look forward to hearing a report.

#10 ·
Hey tis a fish really doesn't notice that. I talked to a guy that uses the one like andy tied for me. He said it really works. As for a filler. it would make it to wind resistent and cause it to spin. Which would twist your leader. So it would be hard to cast. As it is, its not bad to cast. The air just goes right though it. The biggest thing is the profile it has on the water. Bass think its a good size chuck of food. It also has very good movement in the water even when just sitting there. I think Mikes idea of adding legs is a good one. Their is a really gressy pond not to far from me. Theirs a guy that loves throwing those rubber frogs and pulling them across the top. The way mikes looks, it should let me do the same thing only with a fly rod. I got to tie a few and go see. Bwahahaha another reason to go fishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.