Question Fuel Filtering/Tank Cleaning in Hampton Roads

Default Fuel Filtering/Tank Cleaning in Hampton Roads

I have some old fuel in one of my tanks that I either want to have filtered or removed prior to using it this season. Anyone have any recommendations, good or bad from someone who has gone through this process? Boat cannot be trailered.

Thanks

There was a person on craigslist(in the boat section) offering to siphon old fuel out of boats for free...you might want to check into that..

Try this website.
    http://kleenfuelinc.com/

I am in Chesapeake and used WL Black on Fenway Avenue. Good job but not cheap.

USA Fuel Service; the only choice. Professional, licensed, insured and knows there stuff. Of course I don't have the number on me now. It should be easy to find.

How much fuel are we talking about and how old? I've done it myself and have the equipment to handle a 100 gallons. You can call me at 757-897-8738

South Paw is offline Tidal Fish SUPER Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish!

You can use an automotive fuel pump to drain the tank and then use the bad fuel as weed killer.

Blog Entries

I'm a bit new to od this old fuel/new fuel. I don't get much time to fish so my gasoling sits in an aluminum tank (usually filled) for sometimes 6 months. I've never had problems. In fact since January tthis Sunday will be the first time I'm getting out to fish. I've been prepping everything and ran the engine 112 h-p Johnson). didn't have any problems starting it and it ran smooth (mickey mouse ears). When do you guys think it the time to get rid of the fuel and what are we supposed to be worried about. Thanks.