Need some Help Going to Rappahannock/Deltaville area to Fish
VA Northern Neck Forum Sponsors
    Flyguy is offline Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Going to Rappahannock/Deltaville area to Fish

Going down to my brothers summer house Aug 5-8. His house is on the Rappahannock and he does not own a boat. I am going to trailer down my 220 Dauntless Whaler, I live in Annapolis area.

Was looking for some information on where to fish either in the river or out in the Bay for flounder, macs, blues, rock, HH, etc.

Appreciate any information.
    Ken

Flyguy, you ought to be able to get Spanish and Blues by trolling around the Windmill Point bar. On the inside of WMP there is a place called Butler's Hole where you can find Croakers. Across the mouth of the river is a place called the Spike. It should have a bunch of charter boats there fishing for Spot. Flounder is another story so keep checking in here and try to get some info on where they might be biting.

Thanks Capt Dave.

Flyguy, I will be on the river in that area probably Thursday and Friday of that week. Give me a shout on Ch. 68 and I can let you know what's happening and where.

Mushy
    "Getsome"

Flounder on the river @ 8R or head SE out of the river on the bay to Channel marker 42 and look for the fleet. best way to troll macks is back and forth between Stingray light and windmill light....silver /gold clarks and #1 planners ought to do it... Think you'll find a bunch of friendly people down here willing to help out...this is a good group on the NN board... every one will be on #68 so give a shout out. Good luck and have fun

Thanks for all the info everyone!!!