ez loader trailer oil bath hubs
    Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default ez loader trailer oil bath hubs

today i tried to remove my brake hub for inspection, how to get the oil bath hub off,, the book says to use a 2 and 7/8ths socket to remove the hub,, but that is a costly investment,, do any of you guys use a set of channel lock plumber pliers instead?---- or--is the oil hub suppose to come off with the larger brake hub,, and yes i do have just the standard drum with the shoes,, not the better ones the discs brakes,, does anybody uses stainless steel brakes drums?? thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

if you are planning on keeping the trailer for any length of time. I would buy the socket, search around, they can be found for as little as $10 (ebay, tool warehouse,etc)

here is one but there are many more
    http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/otc1932.html

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

thanks,, i did not know they made one for these nuts,,i thought i had to make it to sears and hand over lots of mullah,, 10 to 20 is just great! thanks again

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I have the same trailer and I just used a pair of channel locks. On 3 of the hubs the caps were easy enough to get off. They are sealed with an O-ring so it wasnt too bad to get them off. One of them was rusted so it was a little harder and I had to break out the Pipe wrench. I was switching out to disc brakes so I went to standard greased hubs with bearing buddies. It is just 20 bucks you could save.