Tidal Fish Forum banner

New to the area, couple questions

Question 
1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  jogrun10k 
#1 ·
Hello all, I posted a while back indicating I was relocating to the area from Jacksonville, FL and now I'm here. I wound up renting a nice house in the Churchland area of Portsmouth. I haven't been fishing yet since I've only been here a short while but will hopefully get out soon. I am an experienced inshore and offshore fisherman with my own equipment and I hope to make some new fishing friends here. I'm in the process of exploring the area, getting the boat registered, fishing license etc... If anyone wants to get together for a beer, let me know, I am currently unemployed so I have time on my hands and am always up for meeting new folks. I also like to get to know folks a little prior to extending or accepting any fishing invites.

A couple questions: Can anyone recommend a good place to have my Mercury outboard serviced? Also, is there anywhere reasonably close that has good yellow perch populations/fishing? I've done some research but most of that action seems north from what I can find.

Anyway, I wanted to say hello again and hopefully I'll meet some of you soon.

David

#6 ·
Thanks for the responses and PM's. I am somewhat familiar with the area having grown up in northern VA and having fished here numerous times. My brother, also an avid fisherman, lives in Suffolk. I look forward to having my boat here and exploring inshore saltwater and some freshwater.

I would also welcome opinions on where to get good, fresh seafood locally, I am familiar with George's on Chesapeake Blvd. but figure there are other places as well.

Thanks all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.