Tidal Fish Forum banner

Over night boat storage

Question 
582 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Chesapeake TJAM 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a place where I can store/stage my boat on days I work for fishing the next day. I live up in Chestertown and commute accross the bridge every third day for a 24hr shift. Would love to trailer my boat somewhere on my way to work, drop it off for the 24hrs I'm at work so it's staged in the Kent Island area for a morning of fishing the next day. Rather than see that the bay is flat calm, drive home to chestertown, pick up the boat and then trailer it right back to Kent Island. Is there a secure storage spot On Kent Island? Does BOE do that? Other ideas?
Mike

#2 ·
I'd check with the marinas and see if they'll let you leave your boat on the trailer overnight. I've spoken with several, and all that I've contacted were fine with me doing that. Should the weather be bad the next morning, you can just hitch up the boat and head home. Also, some marinas offer a much cheaper rate for boat storage on trailers. Might be cheaper for you to leave the boat at a marina, instead of trailering it back and forth when you work.

#3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I keep the boat at home since I launch in the Sassafras, Upper Chester, lower Chester, Rock Hall and Kent Island. It's only a 17, so calm water is my friend. With two boys my fishing time is short thus the "staging" of the boat if I see the weather forecast is favorable for a run south of Bloody on my way home. I'll call around and see what I find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.