Good Information Ethanol-Free Gas in Easton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thumbs up Ethanol-Free Gas in Easton

A Crown station on Marlboro Ave (across from M&T Bank) in Easton, MD is having its grand opening today. The station will store ethanol-free mid-grade , which was priced at $4.39 today.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Seems to me that the vendor is taking advantage of a situation at that price (old demand/supply pricing curve from micro econ.). As I recall ethanol added to gasoline raised the price with reduced performance. (we had to pay because of the treehuggers, the ethanol subsidy and the boutique blending). Now I guess we have to pay premium prices for just good ol' gasoline. I guess I'll buy it when I tow through Easton heading down to the Honga.

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Just go with the ethanol blend and save your money. Unless your motor/fuel system is 15+ years old and/or poorly maintained, E-10 shouldn't cause you any problems. Unless there are big upheavals in the political system and world economy, blended fuels are here to stay for the foreseeable future. Might as well learn to live with them.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Its kinda like diesel, doesn't cost as much to refine as gasoline but it sure is higher at the pump. I have always used marine sta-bil at every fuel up and have had no problems

I run ethanol gas and don't look back. Then again, I fill up (or at least top off) the 50 gallon tank at least twice a month.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Gary07 View Post
    A Crown station on Marlboro Ave (across from M&T Bank) in Easton, MD is having its grand opening today. The station will store ethanol-free mid-grade , which was priced at $4.39 today.
    They can store it up their a-- at that price.

you know how the internet is,... so, i don't know if it's true. but i did read that you shouldn't mix and store eth and non-ethanol gasoline for fear of black goo. supposedly, the mtbe in non-eth gas reacts with the eth in the mtbe-free eth gas. don't know if it's true.

Q - how do you keep a TF'r busy?

A - google 'mix ethanol and non ethanol gasoline',....

Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!

I also have heard that you should not mix the two.
    Ron (One Fish)
    Shady Side, Md
    New 2012 237 cc cobia/250 Yami/Yellow
    FOR SALE:
    WF Home for sale on Chesapeake Bay just below West Rv.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I'd be leery mixing them as well.

I remember when E-10 first came out - standard advice was to run your regular gas as low as possible before filling up with the E-10.

We might be switching back to regular gasoline if some of the corn subsidies are cut.
    Reports show E-10 costs more to make then it saves.
    Without the government money - it will not be profitable to produce.
    What could be more mundane than dying of old age or of natural causes when there is death by misadventure to be pursued ? Skip

my understanding is it reduces performance/efficiency, and costs more. but reduces our dependence on foreign oil. i'm sure there's an oil price point where it makes sense. but you also need infrastructure for processing and distributing it.

i've been under the impression that subsidies provided a bridge to getting that infrastrucutre. sort of like gov investing in building an actual bridge to ES that lets future commerce/economy grow. but there's so much spin and bs in news/politics that it's impossible to know anything from where i sit.

nuke, coal, gas, etc could reduce dependence also but have their own drawbacks. i saw an interesting program that said the (new) race to the moon is all about energy supply for the next 1000 years. and thereby having global dominance of the world.

bridges and nuke have been pretty good for fishing - not sure how moon rockets will help anything?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast