Fishing Report Pre-Fishing TV - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Fishing TV

Quote Originally Posted by c-note View Post
    We will be out there Wednesday night. I hope the cameras dont curse my fishing.
    Don't get in their way. They will anchor right on top of you and force you off your spot you are fishing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Avery View Post
    Don't get in their way. They will anchor right on top of you and force you off your spot you are fishing.
    Total BS Mike. We did not anchor on top of anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Healthy Grin View Post
    Total BS Mike. We did not anchor on top of anybody.
    OK, I'll rephrase. George dropped his anchor UP CURRENT of me but once the current moved, he was on my piling that I was drifting around. But glad you guys caught fish on my spot.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber Rockhound1's Avatar

Its amazing how 25 feet to your left or right puts fish in the boat. We all have spots, and
    soon as you put fish in the boat everyone zooms in on that spot. Time to find a new spot
    and let it start all over again. I guess its easier to zoom in than try to find them yourself,
    I guess thats fishing,
    www.rockhoundcharters.com
    Now Booking Rock Fish & Walk on Charters
    757-256-6305

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

This about one thing, well maybe two-one) Money, george needs to catch a fish to make a show, two) his eago.
    I would really like to see him and other self proclaimed "masters" come here or elsewhere and do it on his own without having someone prefish for him. It is the same as a hunting show minus the whispering. They either buy a farm raised deer and shoot it for the show or they have guides from the area find it then they fly in pull the trigger and they are some great hunter. This is exactly the same thing but with fish. Nothing at all against Mr. Neil. But come on lets put the credid where it is due, and it sure as heck is not due to george. Look at me look at me I am here everybody bow the almighty george is here!!! no that is BS. Next, I garuntee if you don't kiss his arse he will have nothing to do with you at all or have something that he wants. ok everyone george is here lets bow and lay down palm leaves, if you catch a fish call him so he can have it and say he caught it, or at least set him directly over the fish.

I don't know anything about George, and have never seen his show. I just hope that he comes off better than Robson Green. This guy is about as irritating, arrogant, and obnoxious as you get. Even on camera, the guy can't keep from throwing fits and blaming everybody else when a fish comes unbuckled. Of course, I don't expect anybody to come in cold from out of the area and get into the fish all by himself. It would be really cool if there were shows featuring the guys that truly have the experience to do so. You know that they are out there. Of course, it's about making money, and too often it takes being somebody, or being the friend of somebody and having the peronallity to make the show that people want to watch.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

The shows I have seen of Poveromo have been entertaining and educational. The shows where he fished outside his home spots, he has been respectful and deferential to the locals he has fished with.

Bummer about the anchor issue. Maybe you should have kept drifting the same spot. Hard for someone to drift lines back from anchor if you are sitting on the piling. I guess you had to be there to know.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I would say its a good thing he keeps coming here and filming different shows and showing the area!....So far as, "featuring the guys that truly have the experience to do", I believe George gets those guys on his show, guess you cant make everybody happy. Remember when he did a rockfish show with Richard Bartlett. I think alot of people would love to do what he is doing, putting on a national TV program for fishing, National seminar series for fishing and doing what he loves to do....fish for a living! Hope George, Ken and crew got into them again today!!

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

James - I don't think there's any of us who think these guys show up and land trophy fish on their own. And, yes, I'm sure he's got to catch fish to make a show (LOL, maybe that's why Smokin' Gun Outdoors isn't on the air anymore). I don't think anyone's laying down palm leaves for him. BUT, I'm sure there are a lot of folks who appreciate him bringing some attention to our fishery - charter captains, hotels, tackle shops, etc.

Mike - were you drifting or anchored?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast