Tidal Fish Forum banner

Hi Neighbor

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  skinut 
#1 ·
I have always fished mostly the Chesapeake Bay, Susquehanna River & Eastern Shore of MD with occasional MD & DE off-shore trips mixed in. I fish the gulf and mangroves out of Marco Island Fl each winter/spring for a few weeks. When I was younger, I worked for several years dragging & long lining 200 miles off shore, doing 3-4 week trips every month after every month. That was mostly Georges Banks. I have also been fishing a couple weeks or so each year for 25 years as a tourist at the OBX & am now moving to that area. I love the inland waters and marshes for fish to clams to crabs to ducks. Since I am newer to NC inshore I will be looking for any info or updates on fishing techniques & when different species run through the different areas, etc. If you fish the Albemarle to the Currituck areas inland, surf or offshore please fill me in. If you ever need help I may or may not be your best choice but I learn fast and pull my weight. I will be a good neighbor. Email me or post.

#2 ·
Welcome aboard, not alot going on right now. The Albemarle sound / Pasquotank river is kinda quiet, a few are being caught around structure but not much. Birds were working along Kitty Hawk the other day but it sounded like it was just bait, a few around Oregon Inlet bridge. We need cold weather to push them south.

#6 ·
Thanks so much everyone for responding. If you do a search for Web Cams on the OBX you can look at Jeanettes Pier. I have it set for my screen saver on my computer. It is live and very detailed. The other day there were several foaming, bubbling, churning, big schools of some kind of fish heading south, one after the other. They were only 50' or so off shore on a really calm day. Hundreds of birds were just picking away at those schools. That was better than a Natl Geo movie. Also about a week ago there were 5 trawler type boats working in a circle just about 1/4 mile off the tip of that pier. I see activity there regularly. Some homeless guy camped out there for almost 2 days and had a nice campfire that you could watch for a couple days. Worth checking out. I will check that area out myself but I am more interested in reports north of the bridge, bayside or ocean side..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.