We Need Your Help!!!!
This is a letter sent to the President of the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and Chesapeake Bay Program:
I would like to start by saying thank you for your efforts and concern for our environment and its health. I am a lifetime resident of Va. and have spent countless days on the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries . I too am working to offer solutions for environmental remediation, cost effective REAL solutions not bandaids . We are not a large politically connected company and have experienced bureaucracy at its worst. Micromix Aqua1 to date is the most effective soil/water remediation tool listed at the EPA , MM Aqua 1 was approved on July28th of 2011.
EPA link: http://www.epa.gov/oem/content/ncp/products/ergofit.htm..
We offer specifically designed products and programs for WWT/Sewage plants , Landfills , Effluents Management (industrial and agriculture), Agriculture , Aquaculture , Mosquito Control and Soil & water remediation .
What sets Ergofit MicroMix apart from its competitors whose products fall into the broad category of “bioremediation agents” is that MicroMix contains a complete set of naturally occurring, living
biological microbes – something few if any can claim to have at this time. What this means is that when the right proportion of enzymes and bacteria is present, they are able to live in harmony, without
competition between the colonies and subsequent die off. Most other companies out there have not managed to harness this harmony in a complete set of microbiology, and as in nature when there is
imbalance, things do not survive. This is not the case with Ergofit MicroMix microbial blend, which when deployed, thrives in the natural elements and continues to provide a tiny ecosystem of waste processing
microbes. A distinct feature in any of our products is that they will not only breakdown the hydrocarbons but they will continue the remediation process whereby all the organics are converted into humic content, which is the only way the remediation can be completed.
It is worthwhile noting that the Ergofit MicroMix microbes are completely naturally occurring. They are not modified in any way – and as such, we are simply reintroducing microbes that should already be
in the soil, but which have been destroyed by human elements
Given the opportunity we can make a difference, a real difference .The company has never failed to achieve the desired advertised results of any application or remediation task , a 100% success rate.
All we ask is put us to the test, the results will speak for themselves .We are willing to test onsite anywhere we are applicable .
Please feel free to contact me direct with any questions you may have @ 985 646 1382 . Web Address www.micromix-usa.com
I look forward to your response
Kind Regards ,
This sounds like a good product.
How is the ERGOFIT product applied?
How expensive is the ERGOFIT product?
I suppose, a better question would be,
how does the ERGOFIT product
compare pricewise to " other " products?
What about Effluent?
Is the effluent toxic?
Does the effluent have a bad effect on any organisms?
Sooner or later the ERGOFIT product will be leaked or spilled
into the rivers and bays around here.
Will we all be glowing in the dark???
Thanks for answering.
All good questions .....Aqua I cost for soil/water remediation are based on tonnes of contaminate to be cleaned up , typically it takes 2 kg of MM Aqua I to convert 1 ton of contaminate at a cost of $125 per kg or $250 per ton . Very cost effective considering the alternatives , keep in mind we remediate inplace resulting in minimal logistics .
Price comparison ....we are very competitive in price and in fact are most likely a bargain when comparing apples to apples . When applied correctly we are 100% effective and get the job done the first time , nothing left to clean up , no harmful side effects for the environment .
The product is non-toxic and found everywhere in nature , 100% organic not modified in any way .
Only bad organisms feel the effects , they are the food source , MM kills organisms such as bad bacteria , pathogens ,toxins , micro-toxins etc... and restores balance to nature which allows our environment to defend itself .
If MM gets spilled into our streams , lakes , bays and oceans we definitely won't be glowing in the dark , quite the opposite , this would begin to have many positive effects on our environment and NO bad effects whatsoever .
I hope this gives some clarity to all and again good question Tom , thanks for asking .Below you will find the protocal for soil/water remediation , MM has many different specific uses and applications vary from industry to industry .
IV. SPECIAL HANDLING AND WORKER PRECAUTIONS FOR STORAGE AND FIELD APPLICATION
1. Flammability: Water-based, Non-flammable
2. Ventilation: Needs no ventilation; aqueous-based organic product; does not emit hazardous vapors. Come CO2 may build up.
3. Skin and eye contact; protective clothing; treatment in case of contact: ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA is not a dermal irritant. Avoid eye contact, and wear goggles when using product. Eyewash for quick and copious eye flushing should be available on site. Seek prompt medical attention should contact occur and if irritation persists. Protective rubber gloves are suggested during handling. ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA has a smell of fermentation and yeast. The product does not give off harmful vapors. Long storage will cause build CO2 in water vapor.
4.a. Maximum storage temperature: 104°F
4.b. Minimum storage temperature: 32°F
4.c. Optimum storage temperature range: 57°F to 97°F
4.d. Temperatures of phase separation and chemical changes: above 113°F
V. SHELF LIFE
ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA has a recommended shelf life of 5 years. After 5 years at optimum storage in cool temperature there is an approximate 10% decrease per year in product effectiveness. Shelter from direct sunlight or extreme cold or heat source. In the event of fire, wash with water.
VI. RECOMMENDED APPLICATION PROCEDURE
1. Application Method: ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA can be applied with any commercially available spray apparatus, such as small hand held tanks, back packs, large mixing tanks with mechanical pumping devices, vessels with booms for spraying wide paths, or liquid spray devices on crop duster airplanes or helicopters. ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA can also be applied by eductor systems from vessels, fire trucks, or any other outfitted vehicle.
2. Concentration/Application Rate: General. ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA generally takes 5 to 50 minutes to penetrate the molecular walls of hydrocarbons. Warmer conditions favor faster biological action whereas colder conditions may reduce the speed of decomposition. Once ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA is applied to the targeted areas, the microbes will attach themselves to the hydrocarbons and start to attack their carbon structure and metabolize into natural organic substances from the humus family. Aquatic plants and animal life will feed on this nutrient. Within hours odor will be negligent and changes will be noticeable in seven days, depending on the temperature. ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA will also break down the adhesive properties of the hydrocarbons, preventing oils from attaching to animals, vegetation, rocks, and earth.
Dilution Rates: ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA should always be mixed with the native water of the affected area. Note: Do not use city water that has been treated with chlorine with ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA. This means that if you are treating an affected saltwater area, then saltwater should be used as your base carrier for the product. Likewise if you are treating a lake or river, then that carrier water would be the freshwater from that source. For general applications and light oil films, dilute each gallon of ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA with source water (e.g., fresh, brackish, or saltwater) at a ratio of 1:50. For oil mousse like formation in intertidal zones, use a dilution of 1:30. If the spill is very heavy and the oil layer is thick (more than 1 inch) it is recommended that ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA be applied at a lower ratio of 1:20. On land not involving water bodies, it is recommended that an organic absorbent be applied prior to using ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA to treat oil spills to remediate the C1 and C35 Petroleum Hydrocarbons. This is to increase the contact surface area for ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA to convert spills oil and absorbent to organic humus.
Application on Coastal Water: Apply the mixed solution using hand held sprayers, tank sprayers, booms from vessels, helicopters, or airplanes. First, start by spraying the outer perimeter of the spill and systematically work towards the middle of the affected area, making sure to cover the entire surface area of the spill. Use 1.5 gallons of ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA concentrate for every 1000 gallons of hydrocarbons spilled. Dilute it with 30 gallons of seawater per gallon of concentrate for spraying. [To calculate gallons of ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA required, multiply estimated gallons of hydrocarbons by 0.0015.] For denser hydrocarbons, like in the case of crude oil, multiply barrels of crude oil by 42 to get gallons of crude and apply above ratios. If you do not know gallons of hydrocarbons or barrels of crude oil, estimate size of spill by (1000 square yards x 2 inch average thickness) to arrive at gallons of oil spilled. Use 10 kg/22 lbs of ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA diluted to 50 gallons in water to cover this area. As a rule, 2 kg/4.4 lbs ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA is required per metric ton of oil spilled. Dilution varies depending on oil thickness or simple sheen floating on water surface.
Application for Intertidal Zones: ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA should be applied at low tide, when the affected areas are exposed to the elements, allowing the product to securely attach to the hydrocarbons. Cease application if the tide rises and resume once the water level has receded again. Continue application cycle until the entire affected area has been coated. The recommended mix ratio is 1:30. In areas where a combination of high tide and waves have pushed the contamination beyond the intertidal zone, oil rag layer looking like chocolate mousse, cordon off the area and start spraying ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA diluted at a ratio of 1:20 in water. The objective is to get an application rate of between 1 to 2 gallons of concentrated ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA sprayed per 1000 gallons of hydrocarbons spilled.
3. Conditions for Use: ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA acts on all organic hydrocarbons on sea, fresh water, and land. As the age of spilled hydrocarbons increases, so does the time necessary for bioremediation. In general, fresh crude, gasoline of BTEX takes anywhere from 30 days to 12 months to completely bioremediate depending on weather conditions and density of spill. However, the remediation process will be noticeable throughout the process. Variations in seawater salinity, has no effect, as long as microbial life can exist, then ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA will be effective in salt and brackish water with a maximum salinity of 4.9 percent. ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA bioremediation slows somewhat at temperatures below 40°F. However, it will continue to work in any water temperatures that will sustain microbial life. Decreasing the amount of ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA per square yard from recommended dosage rates lengthens the remediation time. When nitrogen and carbon is added to ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA the initiation of bacterial-enzymatic activity is enhanced many fold to begin bioremediation within 2 hours of application.
VII. TOXICITY AND EFFECTIVENESS
Bioremediation Agent Effectiveness Test (40 CFR 300.900), Federal Register September 15, 1994:
Summary Data Table:
Results of Gravimetric Analysis:
Percentage (%) Decrease in Weight of Oil on Day 28
VIII. MICROBIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
1. Listing of all microorganisms by species and percentage in the composition: CONFIDENTIAL
2. Optimum pH, temperature, and salinity ranges for use of the additive:
pH: 6.5 to 7.5.
Temperature: 57°F to 97°F.
Salinity: The maximum permissible salinity is up to 4.9% sodium by solution
3. Minimum and maximum pH, temperature, and salinity levels below or above which the effectiveness of the additive is reduced to half its optimum capacity:
pH: Lower than 4.5 or higher than 8.5 reduces the product efficiency by 50 percent.
Temperature: Lower than 32°F or higher than 104°F reduces the product efficiency by 50 percent.
Salinity: The maximum permissible salinity is up to 4.9% sodium by solution
4. Special nutrient requirements: NA
5. Test results regarding the determination of the presence of the following:
Fecal coliform: Negative
Staphylococcus Coagulase positive: Negative
Beta Hemolytic Streptococci: Negative
1.Listing of each component of the total formulation, other than enzymes, by chemical name and percentage by weight: CONFIDENTIAL
2.Enzyme Names: CONFIDENTIAL
4.Source of Enzymes: Plant or Fungi/Fermentation process
5.Units: No less than 1% and no more than 50% by weight
6.Specific Gravity: 1.00
7.Optimum Conditions: a.pH: 7.0
c.Salinity Ranges: Fresh water to salt water up to 4.9%
d.Minimum and Maximum pH: 4.5 – 8.5
e.Minimum and Maximum Temperature: 32°F – 104°F
f.Minimum and Maximum Salinity Levels: Salinity level that will support microbial activity will not adversely a ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA performance
g.Enzyme Shelf Life: Up to 5 years when properly stored
h.Enzyme Optimal Storage Conditions: 72°F is optimal, enzyme range is freezing to 104°F, never leave ERGOFIT MICRO MIX AQUA in direct sunlight for more than a couple of hours
1. Listing of each component of the formulation by chemical name and percentage by weight: CONFIDENTIAL
2. Optimum storage conditions:
Temperature: 32°F to 104°F
IX. PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
X. ANALYSIS OF HEAVY METALS, CYANIDE, AND CHLORINATED HYDROCARBONS
I think that is what I use for a healthy septic tank!
Tags for this Thread