Another big pickerel
    Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish

Default Another big pickerel

I launched my kayak at Jonas Green park at 1:45 this afternoon. After paddling to my fishing grounds of choice, I began casting live minnows. The bite was not fast today, but I did pick up 7 pickerel in 2 hours. The fish were not in the shallows as they had been the last time I visited there (more than 3 weeks ago). All fish were away from the edges in 4-6 ft depth.

The first five fish were regular grade pickerel (15" to 17"). No. 6 was quite different. It was 23" long and big around. I caught a few that size in mid December but had not had one that long in a while. The first photo shows the fish more clearly but the body is curled somewhat, making a length measurement inaccurate. The second photo shows the fish stretched full out to 23".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	56929

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	56930

Mark -- please update the tournament leaderboard to replace my 3rd place fish with today's fish.

After catching that large fish, I had one more fish -- about 20". I tried jigging the bridge debris near Jonas Green on the way back to the launch site, but had no bites there.
    John Veil
    Scout 162 Sportfish
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Manta Ray 14, Slayer Propel 10, and Slayer Propel 13

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks John for the great report and this dam leg is making me miss all this great weather for fishing.................woody