Another big pickerel
    Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Another big pickerel

I launched my kayak at Jonas Green park at 1:45 this afternoon. After paddling to my fishing grounds of choice, I began casting live minnows. The bite was not fast today, but I did pick up 7 pickerel in 2 hours. The fish were not in the shallows as they had been the last time I visited there (more than 3 weeks ago). All fish were away from the edges in 4-6 ft depth.

The first five fish were regular grade pickerel (15" to 17"). No. 6 was quite different. It was 23" long and big around. I caught a few that size in mid December but had not had one that long in a while. The first photo shows the fish more clearly but the body is curled somewhat, making a length measurement inaccurate. The second photo shows the fish stretched full out to 23".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	56929

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	56930

Mark -- please update the tournament leaderboard to replace my 3rd place fish with today's fish.

After catching that large fish, I had one more fish -- about 20". I tried jigging the bridge debris near Jonas Green on the way back to the launch site, but had no bites there.

2. Remove Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks John for the great report and this dam leg is making me miss all this great weather for fishing.................woody