Tidal Fish Forum banner

Another big pickerel

831 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tacklemake 
#1 ·
I launched my kayak at Jonas Green park at 1:45 this afternoon. After paddling to my fishing grounds of choice, I began casting live minnows. The bite was not fast today, but I did pick up 7 pickerel in 2 hours. The fish were not in the shallows as they had been the last time I visited there (more than 3 weeks ago). All fish were away from the edges in 4-6 ft depth.

The first five fish were regular grade pickerel (15" to 17"). No. 6 was quite different. It was 23" long and big around. I caught a few that size in mid December but had not had one that long in a while. The first photo shows the fish more clearly but the body is curled somewhat, making a length measurement inaccurate. The second photo shows the fish stretched full out to 23".

Creative arts Human leg Pattern Art Linens

Thigh Human leg Event Tail Linens

Mark -- please update the tournament leaderboard to replace my 3rd place fish with today's fish.

After catching that large fish, I had one more fish -- about 20". I tried jigging the bridge debris near Jonas Green on the way back to the launch site, but had no bites there.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.