Tidal Fish Forum banner

Duck Hunting @ Bass Pro

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  FleetonLight 
#1 ·
The staff are proud to say Bass Pro is going to the Ducks. We will be adding many new duck hunting products and would like to have some clubs in for some advice of things you would like to see.

#2 ·
Get some good decoys. The avery decoys and the redhead gear do not hold up as well as some of the other brands. Bigfoot and G&H decoys would be awesome. I think it would be a good opputunity with the rates that cabelas charges to ship anything. A good selection of duck Calls. Good prices emington Wingmaster Hd shells. This is just my wish. Rogers still ships most decoys for free still.

#4 ·
as a follow up, maybe BPS could invite the DNR POLICE to hold some seminars pertaining to laws governing waterfowl hunting. i don't know, but maybe it is me,but a lot of these regulations are confusing. i was trying to get some questions answered by DNR at the OC boat show today, and it seemed like the rules were different at one place and different at another, so i am even more confused.

#5 ·
i was trying to get some questions answered by DNR at the OC boat show today, and it seemed like the rules were different at one place and different at another, so i am even more confused.
get used to that, they all will tell you something different

on a second note bps get some quality gear, the brands that are currently being sold there are completely worthless

#12 ·
Bigfoot geese floaters and field decoys, G+H decoys, plasti-duk decoys, real heavy tarred twine, parachute cord, weight pouring molds for real, heavy, open water style decoy weights, grundens oilskins, guy cotten boots, filson coats, xtra tuff boots, best brand crabbing gloves, keep a proper supply of kent fasteel, winchester xpert, Federal black cloud, and Remington hypersonic steel loads ALL SEASON LONG, 12 gauge and 10 gauge, carry-lite SWAN decoys, proper supply of carrhart or walls coveralls, currituck style SHOVING POLES, good quality 10 micron fuel filters (not the cheapo walmart brand), and develop some waders comparable to the Cabelas brand in quality. Carry some decent feather pluckers too, and their spare parts. Find a supplier for good quality camo tarps of the heavyweight army canvas type. Keep a decent supply of Avery layout blinds.

And keep some real decoy species in stock. Needs to be redhead, blackneck, canvasback, pintail, gadwall, wigeon, black ducks, blue peters, and geese available all the time. Oversized decoys rather than the tiny little decoys.

If you had all this in one spot, you would have the tidewater VA hunters business. All the cheapo Chinese duck hunting gear yall carry is of little use and lasts no longer than one season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.