Tidal Fish Forum banner

Virginia Stripers in Salt Water Sportsman Magazine

Good Information 
4K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Fishman 
#1 ·
There is a lot of Virginia in the March issue of Salt Water Sportsman magazine. “Life on the Edge” is an article by George Poveromo that features his striped bass trip to Virginia Beach this winter. There are two photos from that trip in the article. “The Ultimate Spring Striper Tour” by Nick Honachefsky has the Chesapeake Bay and the CBBT as the first stop. Captains Chandler Hogg and Pete Dahlberg are listed as the “Who”. In the “Traveling Fisherman”, Virginia is the 1st choice with Maryland being 2nd for striped bass.

#8 ·
read that article already. Unfortuantely that was the most non informative article I have read on or about striper fishing. It was, sad to say, useless. The October 2011 issue had a far better article about fishing for striper. It was for fishing the Rips in the Delaware Bay, but it was a great article.

I will say I am glad that VA has recieved some good press on striper fishing. Oddly enough, it may be just as bad press as it is good press.

#12 ·
Didn't finish the article, nothing new that most local fishermen don't already know. I do believe the edge they are referring to is between the light and shadow along the bridge at night, my guess anyway. I thought the whole issue was rather boring. The west coast article is a non-read and the dolphin catching article had nothing new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.