Tidal Fish Forum banner

February Rainbows on Virginia's Buffalo Creek

Fishing Report 
2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  cletus9000 
#1 ·
I got a chance to fish the small spring-fed Buffalo Creek in Virginia on Saturday with my girlfriend's father Mike. Weather was great for February, with 50+ degree as the high and midges and BWOs coming off steadily all day. Despite the bug action, we didn't see any risers beyond the occasional fall fish. The fish were reasonably active underneath, however, with Mike doing pretty well with an egg pattern. I still caught fish on a variety of methods, from tandem nymphs, to streamers, to the hot egg pattern. These fish are released as fry and survive year to year, with some real nice ones in there. Given their relative "wildness", I was surprised at how much they liked the egg pattern, but it was the ticket that day. I ended up with 3 smallish trout and a handful of fall fish while Mike caught 6 or so trout with one nice one measuring over 15 inches. Fun trip to be sure, particularly since it snowed 4 inches the next day. I made a brief video of the day, including my fish and Mike's largest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.