Tidal Fish Forum banner

June Bug Bass Rig

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  bigjim5589 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
It's not legal in MD as you have it pictured, but nice looking rig! What size wire are you using? Looks pretty stout! Most of the ones I've seen look a bit flimsy & I've seen them everywhere, but haven't tried one yet. I've had in mind it should work well in shallow water trolling for Rockfish, like in some of the rivers. What do you think?

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply! I've thought about getting one & changing the swivels to ball bearing type, like's used on spinnerbaits & adding willow blades, and a plastic shad like you're using there on the center wire & trolling it later in the year for Rockfish in the rivers.

Yeah, I'll bet that would work for Flounders too!

I've been checking out your website, I already have it bookmarked!

BTW, what does that weigh approximately, just the bare frame?

Thanks again for the reply!

#6 ·
I frequent a bass fishing site & the different laws in various states has been discussed quite a bit. For me, I'll primarily be fishing in MD for Rockfish, and am very familiar with the laws here. I like the idea of the 5 arms, gives that baitfish school look. I bass fish, but mostly in the tidal creeks on the Eastern Shore, and think that rig is really too cumbersome for the shallow waters I fish most. I do fine with a single spinnerbait.

I get down to the SC coast too some, so using it for Flounders is a possibility, but I'm going to stick to a single hook. Should be no problem in any state that way.

Thanks again for the replies!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.