Good Information How much is it worth to you not to fish?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Question How much is it worth to you not to fish?

HMMmmmmmm.
    What will the Feds think of next?

http://bostonglobe.com/business/2012...wEP/story.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Tim,
    There is not enough money for me to give up my fishing nor my equipment. The only time I will do that is when I cannot get on a boat and put a line in the water.Maybe by that time i'll be on my last leg.
    As far as fishing from a pier locally that won't ever happen.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

"Limited funding and concerns about negative feedback prompted officials to restrict the study to one state, he said."

Except for the limited funding part, seems our guvmint is into more and more limited distribution of many things they're doing these days, in efforts to keep the negative feedback at a minimum. Don't believe me? Log onto the Dept of Commerce and check out how many surveys they're doing, the latest being a $150M+ survey that was sent out to a "select" number of "randomly chosen" citizens.

We should take a hint from our neighbors to the north in Canada, who fired their chief statistician over a similar money wasting program.

Pay me to stop fishing for a year? Hand over all the money in that pot, and I'll be glad to tell'em want they need to hear.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

They can take their 500.00 and shove it up their ---.What a waste of money,our government has some real strange ideas.

I would take the $500 and fill up my boat gas tank and go fishing. The can pry my fishing rod from my dead cold fingers.

Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish Luv2fishCB's Avatar

What a waste of taxpayer dollars. We had a disaster in the gulf that resulted in commercial and recreational fishing taking a hit for a known period of time. Can't they measure that?
    Steve, Stafford, VA
    Fish out of Solomons Island and Lower Potomac
    2005 Parker 2120 Pilot House with 150 Yamaha
    2010 Carolina Skiff DLX 1655 with 50 HP Nissan

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Insanity, I can't even imagine how ANYONE would think this would be a good idea. Sportsman or not.

We elect and hire these people to be good stewards of our taxes and this is what we get in return? No wonder so many citizens don't have a very high opinion of gov't workers.

Very sad, that our gov't provide examples like this.
    Last edited by FinFan; 03-03-2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: wrong word

Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish

$500 bucks won't hardly buy a decent rod and reel combo to use during the next fishing season. What a joke!

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

What a stupid idea! It would have to be enough to pay all boat loan payments and insurance and enough left over to go some where else to fish a few times a year.

Tidal Fish SUPER Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish! classicrockfish's Avatar

Just watched some news coverage about Mass.. that mess is crazy!!! Kevin and I talked about this... You couldn't give us enough money to not fish.. If it were mandatory by the state that we had to comply, we would pack our stuff up and move to another location thus taking the money we were granted and yes you guessed it, FISH!!
    ClassicRockfish

Nothin like a fish on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast