Tidal Fish Forum banner

Anyone have a Bass Raider or BPS Pond Prowler?

Question 
18K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  sewelljx 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about getting one of the above to replace the 10ft Jon boat I use on a private lake with an electric motor. The reviews seem overall pretty good- stable, comfortable seats, etc. Anyone have first hand experience with these mini pontoons? Thanks - Andy

#2 ·
I have been looking for a small boat for smaller bodies of water such as small ponds etc. I have found that a kayak is a great buy for small ponds and can also be used for streams, rivers etc providing many more uses that the mini pontoons can not be used for. I have done quite abit of research in the last year or so on kayaks talking with many fisherman who use them and these seem to be great multi use vessels. They are light weight easy transport and to handle by one angler.

#4 · (Edited)
I mentioned this in a thread a while ago and got several PM's about it but some how they got deleted.
Sorry I have not gotten back to those people.

Would something like this interest you (anyone)?
Tracker Guide V-14
9.9 Johnson
Eagle sonar
Trolling motor w/ 18 cord. Control the bow from anywhere in the boat.
Karavan Trailer
Misc other things my Dad had with the boat.
$1995.00

443-277-6013
Jeff

Attachments

#5 ·
Sweet looking Tracker, but a bit overkill for what I'm after. We have a 135 acre lake in our neighborhood, electric motors only, and no ramps - boats are kept on racks at the beaches. Hunched over on the jon boat benches strains my back and my dad is almost 70 so not so comfortable for him either. Thought these mini-poons might be a good alternative......

#6 ·
I have a 10 ft pond prowler from BPS. i take it everywhere. i have a 55 lb thrust minn kota on it as well. and i go about 5-6 MPH. I love this boat. very sturdy. 2 people can stand up at once if you watch the jerky ness.. has a plug to drain oncoming water as well. handles waves very well. I take it out in the magothy river and every body of freshwater u can name. or brackish. I throw it in the back of the pick up. i pull it over rocks and gravel and my driveway and garage.. doesnt hurt the bottom what so ever. very well constructed boat, prewired to put the trolling motor upfront and battery in the back to level out the boat to fish by your self. i highly recommend the boat to anyone.

#8 ·
I just spotted (3/08 at 10:30 PM) a listing on Delaware craigslist list in the boats section for a 10 foot peligan which is the same style pond rig as you are describing. The boat comes with a 36 pound thrust Minn Kota trolling motor. The seller is asking $500.00 or best offer and claims the rig is a year old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.