HDS 8 Gen 2 Help
    Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber Lite - I support Tidal Fish! Reel Affliction's Avatar

Default HDS 8 Gen 2 Help

Can anyone suggest what the issue may be from these pics? Xducers were installed per lowrance tech supports suggestions and were both leveled, angled and aligned from a straight edge off the bottom of the hull. Outboard is on an armstrong bracket and all xducers (specifically the LSS ducer) should have a completely unobstructed view. Based on my trial run I would say generally speaking I can only see 60' to each side, the entire return is wavy (not nearly as clear as most all screen shots I've seen from these units) and you can clearly see constant interference at the top of the water of the right side and not the left. I switched between 455khz and 800khz many times and didn't notice a difference in terms of the wavy return or distance to the side that it can see.

My feeling is the angle of the lss xducer may need to be adjusted but I'm not sure which way or how to ensure it's level when the boat is in the water. Does putting a level on the deck while in the water and then shimming to get it level give you an accurate idea of how much the xducer needs to be adjusted?

Any thoughts?.... sorry for the crappy camera pics... i didn't have an extra SD card handy for the HDS...i will next time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0040.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	58026Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0039.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	58027

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

waves

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Tim, did you mount the down and side scan lower then the skimmer transducer. Travis told me to make sure that the down and side scan is lower then the skimmer if not you would get interferance from it. I have not ours in the water yet but will be putting it in the water tomorrow. Also you damn voice mail is full and I could not leve a message.........

Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish

Was it snotty that day?does this happen all the time?

Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber Lite - I support Tidal Fish! Reel Affliction's Avatar

It was 2' that day so not flat calm but not what I consider rough either. That was my flrst test run after installation so im not sure if it does it all the time. The LSS xducer is indeed mounted slightly lower than the skimmer xducer. Lowrance tech support suggests the return was due to rough water as well.....I will give it another shot this weekend

You can see structure in between the waves, so the LSS is working. you can also see the wave action on the normal 2d

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Any update?

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Have you set the noise rejection level? This setting is for interference from the engine vibration, and pumps.

waves !

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Just put the HDS8 Gen2 on my boat and while talking with the installers, they suggested that when scanning at slow speeds, to trim up the motor up a bit since it can cause some blocking of the signal. For me, my LSS transducer is port side of the engine so the when scanning to starboard, the engine can potentially block the signal.