Good Information New Fishing Show National Geographic Channel - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

i guess with giants u don't have to free line baits back with the chunks....

I don't think the "captains" do much for good will towards the commercial fishery

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by suncoug View Post
    Thanks! Enjoyed watching it last night. It looked to me like that 150lber one boat got was shorter than 73", and therefore was not a keeper.
    I caught one right at 73" it wieghed 208 lbs", I was wondering the same myself. They were even acting as if

Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish HIT N RUN's Avatar

150 lbs was proably the cored weight but either way, it was not a very impressive first show. Makes the whole cast seem like clowns. It was/is completly different out of here this winter.

I will watch it again for now but so far it was very disapointing. I guess it would be enertaining if I didn't know better so maybe the general public will appreciate it more. I do think it is cool that the wife is part of the one boats regular operation thus the reason they picked it I'm sure.
    I just got back last night and I'm already planning the next adventure.

Only the truly ate up understand the maddness.

Bill.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

The old hag was good on the wheel in crunch time. i think they played up the tuna.com rivalry because there is nothing else to show. Makes you wonder if the dragger was told to pick the anchor etc... better than watching crap my wife makes me watch and with the end of basketball and into baseball I dont watch much sports so anything to keep me entertained before bed.

Did anyone catch the long range Tred Barta trip in the hydros? I missed it.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

On the Tuna.com's website it says he runs charters and does alot of kite fishing with epic bites. I agree with HITNRUN about the first episode being somewhat disappointing and cheesy. If they incorporate some trolling/kite bites into the show it would go from an average show to a great show. I still want to see the episode with the clip from the intro where the guy is shown throwing the harpoon 20 feet at a bluefin...im betting it was just for tv but if he hits a tuna with it ill be impressed.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I finally watched the first 2 shows this weekend. I agree with everyone's assessment that drama in the show is pretty lame and does not do thier profession any justice. But it is always exciting stuff to see a Tiagra 130 start screaming with a big BFT on the other end of it. They must burn endless hours filming rods just sitting their waiting on a bite to be able to capture the reel screaming. I wish they would just focus on the fishing and less on the drama.

I learned in week 3 that we weekend anglers are googans.

Googan
    A fishing term for lowlife, fishermen who baitfish typically without a license, regard to regulations, and etiquette towards other people, especially other fishermen following the rules.

Oh and even if you are there first if you are in thier spot they own that spot and will anchor on top you to run you out of their spot.
    Last edited by Mike Avery; 04-16-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Avery View Post
    Oh and even if you are there first if you are in thier spot they own that spot and will anchor on top you to run you out of their spot.
    Yea whats up with that, I own this part of the ocean? I feel for tuna.com, when your on top everyone else wishes your boat sinks if you do not help them, wtf thats life, thats how it is, Im glad there showing the jealousy. Watching the other clowns pretend they know how to fish (funny s---) blaming there incompetence on anything and everyone, Hows the saying go 90% of the fish are caught by 10% of the fisherman?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12