Good Information Funny dive story
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Funny dive story

I was looking back in my log book and came across a fun trip - thought you might get a laugh from it.

Diving off NW coast of Costa Rica in 70 feet. Site is called Virador - cool rock that you swim around. Water was murky - viz. about 30 feet or so. I was just below the group of 6 divers - scouting along where sand met the rocks. The group spooked a lot of fish towards me - not sure what kind.

I saw something out of place on the sandy bottom - anchor hound in me always looking for stuff. This object was about 4 feet long and at a 90* angle. Looked like a cross or X on the bottom. I got closer and went to pull the treasure from the sand.

Just as I reached for it - bottom exploded and some thing big brushed past me. Turns out - it was two large Rays laying buried in the sand.

The X I saw was their long tails laying over one another. Pure luck I did not get hurt by these big 4-5 foot Rays.
    What could be more mundane than dying of old age or of natural causes when there is death by misadventure to be pursued ? Skip

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Huhh... Thats really intresting, hope i never come that close.

----------------------------------
    Justin Hart
    Malibu 12.5 Pro-Explorer