Maryland Fishing Information
All your Maryland Fishing Information
Weekly Maryland Fishing Reports, Fishing Regulations, Fishing Charters and Guides, Tackle Shops and
How To Fishing in Maryland including Chesapeake Bay Fishing
Maryland's State Fish: Striped Bass
Maryland Chesapeake Bay Tides and Currents
* Maryland Chesapeake Bay Tides and Currents
Forget the tide charts, use the above link for tide information. Tides in the Chesapeake Bay are very complex, tide predictions involve over 275 variables. The above link is updated several times a day by NOAA and is the most accurate tide and current prediction you will find for Maryland's Chesapeake Tidal Waters.
Maryland Marine Weather
* Marine Forecast for all Regions of Maryland's Chesapeake Bay and Tidal Areas
* Real Time Chesapeake Bay Water Temperatures
* Chesapeake City Real Time Bouy Conditions
* Patapsco Real Time Buoy Conditions
* Thomas Point Light Real TIme Buoy Conditions
* Gooses Reef Real Time Buoy Conditions
* Cove Point Real Time Buoy Conditions
* Potomac Real Time Buoy Conditions
* Other Real Time Bouys in Maryland's Tidal Waters Map
Maryland Rules and Regulations
* Maryland Tidal Fishing Regulations
* Maryland Freshwater Regulations
Maryland Fishing Reports
These reports are published weekly on the Tidal Fish's (TF) homepage by TF Editors Keith Kaufman and Brandon White
They are sponsored by Solomon's Charter Captain's Association and Tri State Marine.
* Maryland Fishing Reports Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports Updated 4/20/12
* Maryland Fishing Reports Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports Updated 4/13/12
* Maryland Fishing Report Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports Updated 4/08/12
* Maryland Fishing Report Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports Updated 3/30/12
* Maryland Fishing Report Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports Updated 3/25/12
* Maryland Fishing Report Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports Updated 3/16/12
* Maryland Fishing Report Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports Updated 3/10/12
* Maryland Fishing Report Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports Updated 3/03/12
* Maryland Fishing Report Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports Updated 2/24/12
* Maryland Fishing Report Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports Updated 2/18/12
* Maryland Fishing Report Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports Updated 2/10/12
* Maryland Fishing Report Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports Updated 2/03/12
* Maryland Fishing Report Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports Updated 1/28/12
* Maryland Fishing Report Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports Updated 1/22/12
* Maryland Fishing Report Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports Updated 1/15/12
* * Maryland Fishing Reports Archives
Maryland Tackle Shops
* All Tackle - Two location: Annapolis and Ocean City, Maryland and Online 24/7
* Chesapeake Crabbing Supplies - Crabbing supplies and fishing tackle. Your one stop local fishing tackle and crabbing shop!
* Herb's Bait and Tackle - The tackle shore for fishing in and around Northeast Maryland
* Marty's Sporting Goods - Your local tackle shop with all your trolling, bait and light tackle fishing needs. 95 Mayo Rd, Edgewater, MD 21037: 410-956-2238
Maryland Fishing Charters and Fishing Guides
* Buckhanner Charters on the Mackenna Jane II - Fishing the Chesapeake Bay out of Queenstown, MD and offshore fishing out of Ocean City, Maryland.
* Capt. Charlie Schneider, Fishing on the " Big Will
- Charter fishing out of Tilghman Island, MD. Call 443-786-4324.
* Kevin Josenhans Fly and Light Tackle Fishing - Fishing throughout the Chesapeake Bay.
Call 443-783-3271 for booking.
* Capt Mike Benjamin - Fishing the Susquehanna Flats area of the Chesapeake Bay.
410-287-5490 (day) 410-287-3615 (early evening) for availability.
with Captain Tim Smith - Light Tackle Fishing in Maryland's Chesapeake Bay
* Richie Gaines Angler's Connection Guide Service - Fishing Maryland's Middle Chesapeake Bay and Winter Virginia Fishing. Light Tackle and Fly Fishing. Call 410-827-7210 for booking.
* Solomon's Charter Captains Association - The very best fishing charters for fishing Maryland's lower Chesapeake Bay. Book your trip today!
* Walleye Pete's Four Seasons Guide Service - Fishing Maryland and Virginia's Chesapeake Bay. Your Light Tackle Fishing Guide. Call 703-395-9955 or 410-586-8340 to book a fishing trip.
Maryland Fishing Clubs and Associations
* Maryland Saltwater Sportfishing Association (MSSA)
* Maryland Coastal Conservation Association (CCA MD)
* Pasadena Sportfishing Group
Maryland Boat Dealers and Marinas
* Tri State Marine - Parker, Grady White, Carolina Skiff, Robalo Boats. Also your local boat ramp, boat rentals and tackle shop.
Maryland Boat Repair and Fabrication
* Maryland Marine Fabrication - Fully insured boat repair, pipe welding and fabrication business located in Shadyside, MD on Parrish Creek.
Maryland Catch a Poacher 24 Hour Hotline
Citizens who supply Maryland Natural Resources Police with information leading to the arrest and conviction of a poaching violator are eligible to receive cash rewards. Give names, addresses, vehicle descriptions, and as much information as possible. The anonymity of the caller is guaranteed.
Tidal Fish Forum Acronyms Commonly Used
BA : Bass Assassins, a soft plastic lure
BB : Bay Bridge
BKD : Bass Kandy Delights, a soft plastic lure
BL : Baltimore Light
BP : Bloody Point, S tip Kent Island
BPM : breezy point marina
BPS : Bass Pro Shop
BT : Bucktail;
BTT : Back to The Top.
BTW : by the way
CB: Chesapeake Bay
CCNPP : Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant , Calvert County
CR bouy : Choptank River bouy
C&R : Catch and Release
CCA : Coastal Conservation Association
CBBT : Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
dink : Rockfish less than 18", or any fish that’s too small
DO : disolved oxygen;;
DF : Depth finder
EB or E-Bay or EBay : Eastern Bay
ESRP : Eastern Shore Rock Pile, at the BB
FC: False Channel, near mouth of the Choptank
FF : Fish Finder
Flats : Susquehana Flats mostly, the upper end of the CB
FUBAR : Effed Up Beyond all Recognition.
GD : Gas Docks
HI : Hooper Island
HMI : Hart Miller Island
KN : Kent Narrows
HO : hands onboard: also a tool used to scale black drum
HRBT : Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel, Norfolk VA
HTS-Herb's Tackle Shop
KB : Key Bridge, Patapsco
LL: Live lining, using small fish like perch or spot for bait
LOL = Laughing Out Loud, NOT Lots Of Love
LP : Love Point, N end of Kent Island
LTJ : light tackle jigging;
LTT : light tackle trolling;
MDDW : My Dear Darling Wife, maybe? "My Dearly Departed Wife."
MOW : Man O War Shoal
MSSA : Maryland Saltwater Sportfishermens Association
MT : Marine Terminal, Dundauk
NSSS : Not So Secret Spot
Patapsco Permit or PP = gizzard shad, trash shad
PB- Pullin boards
PITA : Pain In the Arse
PLO : Point Look out
PP : Poop Plant or Power Plant or Patapsco Permit (gizzard shad)
PPB- Pullin planner boards
OT : Off Topic
oz : ounce… like in 1/2oz jighead
RT : rattletraps
SAV : Submerge Aquatic Vegetation
SI : Solmons Island
SMIB : Southern Maryland Inbred
SPSP : Sandy Pt. State Park
SWT : Surface Water Temp
SWMBO : She Who Must Be Obeyed
TB : Throw Backs, under sized fish
TF : TidalFish
THT- The Hull Truth
"The Rips" : Mostly at the CCNPP but several other areas too
TNTC: Too Numerous To Count
TPL : Thomas point light
UB or UMB : Umbrella Rig
WAG(ing) : Wild Arsed Guess(ing)
WSRP - Western Shore Rock Pile, at the BB
WT : Water Temp
WTG : Way To Go!
Wx : Weather
WWB : Way, way back
WWD : Warm Water Discharge
Other Good Links on Tidal Fish: Top Fishing News | Fishing Reports | Fishing Pictures | How to Fish Articles
This page was put together as a Maryland fishing information resource and I will make every attempt attempt to keep the links and information up to date. If you find a broken link please send me a private message to let me know. Thanks, Brandon
Last edited by Brandon; 06-04-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Tags for this Thread