Tidal Fish Forum banner

Ever seen a 16" White Perch? Look at this beast......

Good Information 
3K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  deringer66 
#1 · (Edited)
One of the local waterman and his son brought one into the shop this morning. I've never seen one this big:eek2:

See less See more
#5 ·
That is one large perch.:eek2: From what I understand they are slow growing, I wonder how old it was. One smart fish to get that big. Congrats on citation perch!!!:thumbup:

@Ralph state record is 2 lb 10 oz, caught in 1979. Thye didn't give a length.

#10 ·
I don't remember the exact year (sometime in the late 70s) my brother and I were fishing the South river from my Canoe.
It was early Oct right after sundown, we were casting white Beetle spins" with a grass shrimp added for flavor.
We had caught a number of nice 10 - 12" perch along with a few yellows a pickleral and 2, 10" Largemouith Bass.
We were ready to call it a day when my brother hooked and landed a heavier fish. We both thought it was a Bass at first because the light was gone, and it was too big for a perch.
The riva rd bridge was only a few yards away so we held onto it til we got a street light on it, A monstrous 15" perch, but lacking the girth of the one pictured above.
Since then we have caught a dozens of perch to 12" and a few to 13" but have never seen another of that size until this post.
I sure hope I get to see another, wether I catch it or not,--- I love those " Big ol perch".

Piscophile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.