Sad News Lost my best friend of ten years today, - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
    Tidal Fish SUPER Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish! kona's Avatar

To everyone who has responded to this thread, my family and I deeply appreciate your thoughts and kind words. This is the second time that I have had to pull the plug on my best 4 legged friend. In both cases, it was the right thing to do. However, it never gets any easier and if it does, then you never truly loved them. I believe that when you take ownership of a pet, you have signed a contract with that pet. For all the companionship, love and good times they provide to you, they only want one thing. That is for you to love and care for them and do everything in your power to never let them suffer. I did this for both of my dogs, Buster a mixed Lab and Kona my Chocalate Lab. I know in my heart that they are in a better place without pain and suffering. Thanks to all for reminding me that while you never will forget them as time goes on, it is the memory of the good times you had with them that heals the heart. Just like Buster, I am having him privately creamated and he will always be in our home. There will be another dog in my life at some point in time, but right now my wife needs time to deal with losing her baby boy. Kona and I wish that everyone has clear skies, calm winds and tight lines thru out the 2012 fishing season. I truly can not thank you all enough for you kind responses.
    Lure's Aweigh
    1987 20' Trophy CC
    150 hp Yamaha
    Arnold. Maryland

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Tidal Fish SUPER Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish! kona's Avatar

tg2469 - I feel very sorry for your loss as well. It must have been hard to respond to this post. Best wishes to you during this tuff moment in our lives. No better words to describe it, it truly does suck.
    Lure's Aweigh
    1987 20' Trophy CC
    150 hp Yamaha
    Arnold. Maryland

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Sorry for your loss. We had to put our yellow lab Gus down in Sept 2008. I shared our loss here on TF and rec'd many kind replies and personal emails. My wife Bonnie and I were grateful for the sympathetic notes, it helped to ease our grief. Although we talked about getting another dog, we have decided not to at this time. We are both so busy, me with fishing and fishing related meetings and Bonnie with her schedule. We like to travel too. Since Gus passed away we've been to Alaska and The Panama Canal. Still, we miss Gus every day and think about him often, like I'm sure you and your family will.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

All dogs go to heaven. Hang in there..........

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

The angels have a new puppy.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

keep his memory close to your heart and the sorrow far away from you head. The things we love keep us alive and when they leave there are holes to fill in our hearts. Keep your head up. Our four legged friends never last long enough, yet in the short time we have them, they love us more than therest of the world...

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Read this this am, been thinking about it all day... chokes me up.
    I'm so sorry. I'm a chocolate lover, myself.
    I'm certain the only reason we're willing to allow a creature we hold so dear into our world knowing of their short lifespan, is because we know how much they enrich our lives during that short time.
    I had a chocolate die tragically at 14 months old. 3 days later, I picked up his little brother from the next litter. Now that little brother, Eli (Elijah Buckshot Gumbo Mudder, to be exact), is about 2 1/2 years old. You can't tell them apart in pictures.
    Eli is a bit more ornery than his brother. More hard headed, and definitely wilder. He's better at fetching slippers than he is ducks (he's actually damn good at fetching slippers. Borderline obsessed, actually.), and he's been more difficult to train, for sure. He also set me back $500 yesterday, after slicing his leg on something overboard and requiring 15 staples...
    But God, how I love that goofy sucker. He's sweet, and protective. He makes me laugh all the time, and he lets the Mrs put silly hats on him.
    Me & him are tight like buttcheeks...
    There's a saying, and I'll probably get this wrong,
    Your dog, even moreso than a spouse, wants nothing more than to just be doing what you're doing.

I feel your pain, Sir.
    Rest in Peace, Kona.

Elijah

Blog Entries

what a great pic of Eli ..... funny stuff.

Sorry to hear of your loss of Kona ... the memories will last forever ...... I have a 13 yr old yellow, Dixie, and a 12 1/2 yr old Black lab, Hogan, that are doing well but the vet visits have become a little more frequent ..... every year we wonder if we'll have them for another Christmas and Spring vacation at Topsail Island ..... our nest visit to Topsail is in 3 weeks, boy they love the ocean .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0230.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	58897  

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber RiverCat09's Avatar

Sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a pet sucks big time.
    21’ Carolina Skiff Sea Chaser “Unfinished Business”
    "Life's short, fish hard!"

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber Bottom Knocker's Avatar

Our pup; Mona just had Bothe knees done Tuesday! ACLs problems are common in bully breeds. $3K later..She is doing great and walking around already.
    "You're gonna need a bigger boat"-Police Chief Brody..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast