Need some Help fishing the flats sat

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default fishing the flats sat

going to try to give it a try even with the wind,have a question on what size tony spoons everyone is using,or are bass assins better, does anyone know if i can run up the north east river and tie off at any of the restraunts with my boat or are they not water side , and if they are how long of a run would it be crusing at 25 mphs or so from the flats, thanks for everyones help, like to do the restraunt for a late lunch , hopefully have a report sat night

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Fished the mouth of the NE river today used 17 tony caught well over 50 schoolies.The naughty goose has a dock a the town park as well and its close.It should only take about 15 minutes to go up the NE to eat.BA's work well too.Let me know if you get on any big fish!

ok so we got to the close north east river around 2.30 and saw all the boats and we messed around for 45 mininutes before getting there and the next thing we know most of the boats left, so we went to naughtyy goose for lunch for slack tide ,so here we go i was down to a spot near turkey point seeing fish on the lowerance but not( getting a damm hit very annoying) we where thowing everything but no biters ( tonys, bass assinssis ) so i did manage 1 nice 23 incher , but what was i doing wrong not to get hit, thanks for any help
    Last edited by perrywater1; 04-15-2012 at 06:15 AM.

On friday about 2:30 is just about the time the fish quit and all the boats either spread out searching or went home.Timing is everything out there.How was the food at the goose?

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber Jerkbait-PA's Avatar

Well don’t believe everything that depth sounder tell you unless you’re running a high end unit. I think of mine as a 10 year old. Everything it sees is a fish. Stop check and move on if there aren’t any hits. And that is the key with stripers no mater where you are fishing. They move all the time so the trick is figuring out where to move next.

Jerkbait-PA

food at the goose looked good , but i can tell you the drinks where good, jerkbait i have a hds 7 only 2 yrs old , from fishing with it i reley on it pretty good , heck maybe i shouldnt