Tidal Fish Forum banner

Last second, got one

Fishing Report 
2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  27 sailfish 
#1 ·
Set out from the Severn at about 4:30 and began setting out the spread just North of 86 at around 5:00 PM. I was using a single planer board and setting all six rods off the port side. Beautiful evening, the winds had laid down and very light waves. Almost perfect but we were losing the tide. Saw some of the usual suspects and spoke with a couple, including the Chief Angler himself!

Although others were having better luck than we were, we worked left – right, up – down, zigged –zagged all the way up to around 87. At about 7:10 I started to pull in the spread. I had two of the lines in when Zip… we finally got hit! Handed the rod to my guest who worked in a nice fish. (Covered with sea lice) Actually hit the same lure from last week! A quick pic and back in.

Pulling in the spread, was really ticked to find that one of the lures was pulling a wrapper of some sort and another had a jelly on it. Glad to have finally gotten one and will be at ‘em again soon.

Ted

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.