Need some Help oysters bars near Patrick Henry airport.
    Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default oysters bars near Patrick Henry airport.

Have some inlaws coming into Newport News, staying near airport. They want some oysters to eat tonight and I don't know any thing about the area. Could someone reccomend a good resturant that has a oyster bar and is a family resturant, some can't eat shell fish. Thanks in advanced for any information.

Dickie

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

http://www.yelp.com/biz/harpoon-larr...aurant-hampton

Try Harpoon Larry's in Hampton. Not the VA beach one, there's one off of Mercury Blvd.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber Sanity's Avatar

Smithfield Station in Smithfield....GREAT Oysters Rockefellar and excellent shrimp, variety of Southern Food.

Harpoon's is having an oyster roast Saturday starting at 11am

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    Smithfield Station in Smithfield....GREAT Oysters Rockefellar and excellent shrimp, variety of Southern Food.
    Probably the closest to you and easiest to find is the Crab Shack at the James River Bridge but also some where that I'd highly recommend is the Yorktown Pub on the waterfront at Yorktown! Just make sure you go up Jefferson to Ft. Eustis Blvd and then over to 17 because 17 is closed for road work this weekend! But it's a great place and great food all around!

Thanks to everyone for the replys. I didn't get to read the last two until this morning, had to leave my house around 1:30 to go across the water. We desided to go to Harpoon Larry's, bad decision with the oyster roast going on. Someone told us about the Surfrider on Mariner st. Went there and food was good, pricey but good.
    Didn't that used to be Fisherman's Wharf?

Tom, how have you been? Missed the old pizza meetings and seeing everybody. Have been doing more fishing in the keys than I have up here. Weather there is nicer also, especially for us old folks.
    We ought to get together some weekend and drink a few and munch on something, am sure Shulson will join us along with Hook in Finger and a lot more that I can't remember. Pretty sure there is a place along Great Neck that will put up with us.

Dickie