Question How does weatrher affect fishing

Default How does weatrher affect fishing

I was sitting here thinking, it might be a good idea to put these questions out and see what answers come back. I am going to post this on the Va board too as a compairison from offshore to inshore. How do these things affect fishing to make it good bad better or worse?

1) What affect does the moon phase have?

2) How does water temp changes affect feeding?

3) how does chloryphil affect?

4) How does air temp affect?

5) how does a front comming through affect, wheather it be a cold front or warm front?

6) How does barimetric pressure affect?

7) How does salinity affect?

8) How does wind speend and or direction affect?

9) How does water clairity affect?

10) How does a cloudy or sunny day affect?

11) How do tides affect, an extreme ebb or flood: a slack, flood or ebb tide?

12)Does weather affect if you use artifical or live bait? Color selection? Bait size? (this can vary greatly by species but just a general)

13)Do the SST and chloriphyl pay sites really make that much of a differance over the free site like Rutgers?

You could never really answer those questions in a forum post, the answers are more in depth than I think you can fit in any number of posts. I reccomend to read The Fisherman Ocean then ask what that book doesn't answer.

If you need to know now, I would suggest a few charter trips on the Fabulous "Muff Diver / Cpt Riley", Joe might be able (willing) to answer most, once he is done, look up "Cpt Berle Wilson" in Hatterras NC. With those two seasoned Cptns, you should have the best answers for all swimming fish on the east coast

The wind blows hard and you can't go fishing.

I cant speak for everyone but i dont have enough free time to go fishing to worry about all the science (although i know it would help). Sst charts are easy to look at and help you plan where to fish. My philosophy is when the charter boats are burning up the fish and the seas allow you to go, find some friends with deep pockets and make the run! A little luck never hurts either...

Not a bad philosophy there Zeke. When you see the fish hittin the docks round em up to go, unless it's spring then go when you can.