Tidal Fish Forum banner

Susky flats

Fishing Report 
5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  omark 
#1 ·
Got the call from my mechanic that my Suzuki was ready too go. Me and my buddy hit the east side around 10 am. Had are limit by 11. We always catch some decent fish in Dec but this was by far the best day. 1 28 in - 2 - 24 in and a 22. Went on to release 3 more in th 20 in range. All of them caught bouncing the bottom with metal. Gone again tomorrow:fishing2:

#6 ·
Today it was rrreeaaalllyyy foggy. But that didn't stop us. It was the same drift at the same spot at about the same time. Four in the mid 20's and a few unders. 2 were caught on 6 in albino BKDS hot rodded in grape garlic of course (Shawn's book). Fish were showing on my FF, never anchored, water temp 44.5. We got one YP so maybe they are working their way in. Although we usually catch 1 or 2 of them in the late summer so who knows. I always thought they didn't like the warm water. I will try and post a pic. I cannot make it tomorrow so if someone is going pm me and I will try too help if your interested:peace:

WTG omark...Thanks for the report...Were the fish showing on your FF, were you drifting or anchored, any idea of water temp? Good luck tomorrow.

Catch em up...:fishing2:

#9 ·
Good to here there are some nice fish on the flats,I fished the Sass yesterday and caught 4 keeper size rocks with 16 shorts. Looks like the yellow perch are moving in. We have been seeing more every day with some nice big ones now too.Interestingly one spit up some really little crabs when releasing the hook.

#13 ·
What a difference a week makes. Fished sat for rock and sun for perch. We had 4 shorts on sat in 7 hrs and they were all caught within a half hr of each other. We came out of the NE river tried the whole east side up the Elk back down over towards APG up too battery over to the barge...this is where we got the shorts. Finished at various spots around carpenters...phewww. Water is gin clear on the west side. Hope it stays that way for early spring. Sun one perch in 5 hrs. Couldn't even buy a breeze and the drift was almost non exsistent. What a beautiful day though. Suzuki 4 stroke runs amazing, and very fuel efficient with all the running around I did. Pulled the boat until Mar 1:fishing2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.