Question Lowrance HDS 7 or Elite 7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Lowrance HDS 7 or Elite 7

Looking for a new fishfinder / chartplotter combo. Have it narrowed down to either Lowrance unit.

Any suggestions either way? Is the HDS worth the extra $1,000.00.

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

My neighbor just bought a HDS 10 gen 2 for $1500. The smaller screens are proba ly much cheaper. I think he said Cabelas was dumping them for the new touch screen models

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

HDS with structure scan is awesome - but there is a learning curve. The real question is what advantage(s) do the HDS (with structure scan ) offer over the Elite with downscan imaging (which I believe is not an extra cost option on that unit). I don't have the answer to that question. Then the next question is whether you need that/those advantage(s) for your boating/fishing application.

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I enjoy my hds7

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Yes, it's worth it.

We have the Lowrance Elite DSI and love it. Great mapping built into the unit and unbelievable detail, extremely easy to use. We purchased ours at a great price at West Marine last June. You can go to the Lowrance website and down load the simulators to check out the units.

Tidal Fish SUPER Commercial Subscriber - My business supports Tidal Fish Walleye Pete's Avatar

Love mine. Have 2 hds-10's on the boat. Absolute game changer for me.
    NEW WEB-SITE/Blog www.walleyepete.com
    Now Booking light tackle Stripers!!! Good stuff!!!
    Call with any quesions 703-395-9955

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I'm not as quick to say yes the HDS is worth the extra money. The elite series is more like the older Lowrance stuff before they came out with the HDS. Simple, effective, not alot of bells and whistles.

I had the Elite 5 before this new DSI series came out and thought it was the best deal for the money.

If you know you don't want structure scan then i would certainly play around with the simulators and give the Elite series a hard look.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Played around with the Elite 7 HDI @ BPS and it has a ton of features for a $700 unit. It had broadband sonar just like the HDS series. One cool feature is the down scan overlay overtop of the broadband sounder.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I bought the HDS 7 back in August and LOVE it!!! It is the best fish finder I have ever had and I could not imagine anything being any better. I would highly suggest you purchase through BOE Marine. I searched and searched everywhere and they hands down have the best prices and service around. They can answer every and all questions tht you have from installation to setup.

You will not go wrong with the HDS 7! If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast