Good Information New Gun Control Bills in Maryland

Page 1 of 41 123 ... LastLast
    Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default New Gun Control Bills in Maryland

Guys - As family men, we all felt violated by the tragedy in Newtown. We are here on earth to love, to raise our kids and to help others. And we do it under the greatest experiment ever devised - the U.S. Constitution. We expect Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to be foremost in the minds of our legislators.

Most of us are true sportsmen, and 2A advocates. We grew up fishing, hunting and shooting. Hopefully this thread can stay on this board for a bit. I urge restraint in your replies - be professional.

Maryland already restricts your magazine capacity to 20 rounds, and the standard magazines for pistols and rifles these days is in the 15 to 20 round range. Yesterday, the General Assembly proposed a bill to restrict magazines to 10 rounds. HB107. This makes your grandfather's m-1 carbine illegal. This further erode's your right to protect yourself and your family. This makes the vast majority of handguns sold today illegal. Further, if you want to pass them down to your kids, forget about it.

Contact your state reps and let them know what you think.

This is simply a matter not letting a good crisis go to waste. There is little forethought here on the issue they are trying to resolve. I urge you to remind them of that. Even if you own only a shotgun, they are chipping away at your natural rights. Don't let them.

This link gives you an easy method to contact your representative. Use the link in the upper right corner to identify your rep.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/fr...e&tab=subject6

Remember - your 2nd amendment rights have nothing to do with hunting. All the deer I've shot were with a patched round ball and blackpowder. Your second amendment rights protect our constitution. Simple as that. There are some more resources here:

http://marylandshallissue.org/get-in...aresourceroom/

Sincerely, paxfish

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Where do all those bucktails come from that adorn millions of jigheads.

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

No doubt!

You should not think this won't impact you, Guys. The Governor's agenda is:
    An across-the-board ban on commonly owned semi-automatic firearms
    · Restrict magazine capacity to no more than ten rounds
    · Require a state permit to purchase a firearm which would be obtained after prospective gun purchasers complete a mandatory gun safety class, submit their fingerprints to a state-run database, and undergo a state-funded background check
    · Broaden the list of disqualifying mental health criteria and conditions
    · Grant police additional authority to confiscate firearms
    · Require an additional federal background check at the time of purchase
    · Impose a seven-day waiting period before a purchaser can take possession of their firearm

Some of those things you may agree with. Where do YOU draw the line?

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

While watching TV today they said if the dictator-wana-be doesn't get his way he will issue an edict (Executive Order) and just by-pass Congress. If he does that, we have instantly become a dictatorship nation! Is this what all our veterans fought and died for? Our great country has lasted over 200 years but I really do see it beginning to fall. Bob

Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish Capt.Nick's Avatar

Does this mean if a loose cannon gets ahold of a gun,they only have 10 shots at us before we can apprehend them?
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Well I've never shot more than 3 rounds at a bird or a deer, and a 5 round magazine for my shotgun provides more than enough ammo to defend myself and my home against an intruder. If you need a larger capacity magazine to protect yourself, you're either lying or you are a really bad shot.

Thank you, Paxfish, for such a well thought out discussion starter.

I do not feel that any new laws are needed.

Tidal Fish SUPER Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish!

last year we got.............in-state tuition for illegal aliens, more gambling, same sex marriage and now they are coming after our guns....and lets not forget... more and more free $hit. the takers have now exceeded the makers, the USA will look like Europe very soon.

and yet these bozo's keep getting re-elected.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Capt. John, It means that I, being a law abiding citizen, can only have ten rounds to defend myself, my family and my property while the criminal that would do me harm will have any size magazine he wants!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzdog View Post
    This is similar to my thought. What is the argument for the larger capacity magazine? 10 seems plenty. Or is it the fear that "well they are regulating "this" and now the will regulate other aspects of gun ownership"?

Griz,

I'm not a pistol guy, but many semi-auto pistols that are manufactured today have a capacity of more than 10 rounds. I believe a 10 round limit is just a number chosen out of thin air - that would make MANY firearms currently in circulation illegal - Including my .22lr squirrel gun.

Page 1 of 41 123 ... LastLast